New Here

Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

TeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile New Here

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. My husband and I are from Scotland but currently live in NY (Was a freezing cold -20f yesterday and snowing today!!!! ) Anyways...I'm just about to apply for my Australian Citizenship, my dad was born in Australia and moved to Scotland with his mum several years later and so through birth I have come to find I'm eligible. (If anyone knows different feel free to let me know) Just waiting on my dad's original birth certificate coming through from his mum in Florida and then I have everything I need to apply.

I will be coming with my husband of a little over 4 years and I still need to look into that process (one of the reasons I joined this forum) and bringing my two lovely dogs

We're thinking of Adelaide since we both have family that live only 30 minutes apart and my husband has some great job connections. If any of you (surely a few live in Adelaide ) have any insight into life in Adelaide it would be most welcome. I myself have never been but my husband has for a few months and never having been to NY didn't stop me coming here so why the hell not

I will post questions as they arise I just wanted to introduce myself and my story before commenting/reading/asking anything
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Here

Welcome to BE and the Oz forums.

There a few people in Adelaide... OldSparkles and Rasen. I'm sure they will be able to provided some info about it.

I wish you well for your move.

It's a lot warmer over here.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

TeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamMo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the warm welcome

The weather and a better family support system are our two main drivers. We've been talking about it for a year and have finally started contacting my husbands work prospects, getting lists of timelines for the dogs and speaking to our family

I'm going in with my eyes wide open after closing my eyes and jumping for NY haha

I look forward to OldSparkles and Rasen's replies
Old Feb 15th 2016, 8:53 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So where did you live in Australia before...and on what visa?

I thought you already had Australian citizenship??

http://britishexpats.com/forum/rest-...u-bust-869980/

Last edited by Grayling; Feb 15th 2016 at 9:10 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

I didn't live in Australia...My dad is Australian by birth...Nice Australian Birth Certificate etc and I am applying for citizenship through him.

I have never lived in Australia...yet. My citizenship process is well under way. I would never dream of looking to move somewhere without looking into that first. I'm an expat in NY just now so I know how hard moving abroad can be
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamMo
I didn't live in Australia...My dad is Australian by birth...Nice Australian Birth Certificate etc and I am applying for citizenship through him.

I have never lived in Australia...yet. My citizenship process is well under way. I would never dream of looking to move somewhere without looking into that first. I'm an expat in NY just now so I know how hard moving abroad can be
Maybe I was confused by you saying that you had lived in Australia and were an Australian citizen in the post aking about Vanuatu

Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:20 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe I was confused by you saying that you had lived in Australia and were an Australian citizen in the post aking about Vanuatu

In fact, in that thread you did say you were both dual citizens, UK and Australian, so you can understand why people are a little confused.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Sorry my bad our Citizenship was delayed...I didn't realize a post about an entirely different place would mean I couldn't comment asking about what living in Adelaide would be like from expats doing it just now....When I posted that I thought it was all sewn up and then my fathers birth certificate I had turned out to be a copy and rejected. I'm literally an upload of 1 document away from Citizenship.

As stated above my husband HAS stayed in Australia just I haven't...in the Vanuatu post I never stated I had lived in Australia only that collectively as a couple we have experience living in the uk, auz and vanuatu.

Regardless this post is me introducing myself in the Australian room and I hadn't asked for assistance about visa's or anything. The fact I'm feeling like you guys are being very hostile is bewildering to me when I have done nothing wrong but introduce myself in this section after deciding perhaps Australia would be nicer since it wouldn't come with Visa issues....
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

And we shall leave it at that guys. Please leave the hostility out and provide helpful posts.

Thank you.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Alfresco please feel free to delete this thread and thank you again for your warm welcome.
Old Feb 15th 2016, 10:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tell you what?

Now that those one or two who were were confused about your visa status have been unconfused , how about we start again?

I'll close this thread which went a bit to pot and restart you in a new thread HERE . You won't even have to retype your opeing post.

Hopefully folk will be along to help and guide about Adelaide and the like.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 15th 2016 at 10:27 pm.