British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   New To This .... Help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-help-309779/)

Jollymae1 Jun 21st 2005 10:02 am

New To This .... Help!

Hello everyone, I am 2 weeks from selling property (i hope), then my hubby Jack and 19m old baby Molly will be free to do as we please. We know we don't want to bring Molly up in England, I have close family in Canada, but we want to check out Oz first. Can anyone offer any advice????
HOPEFUL
Donna

pauli71 Jun 21st 2005 10:14 am

Re: New To This .... Help!

Originally Posted by Jollymae1
Hello everyone, I am 2 weeks from selling property (i hope), then my hubby Jack and 19m old baby Molly will be free to do as we please. We know we don't want to bring Molly up in England, I have close family in Canada, but we want to check out Oz first. Can anyone offer any advice????
HOPEFUL
Donna

DO what you said check it out go for a holiday. ;)

Jollymae1 Jun 21st 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by pauli71
DO what you said check it out go for a holiday. ;)

we were thinking of spending a few weeks there and travelling around in a tourer do u think this is a good idea?

pauli71 Jun 21st 2005 10:34 am

we were thinking of spending a few weeks there and travelling around in a tourer do u think this is a good idea?

No i dont think its a good idea unless you only wish to visit one state if you can afford visit as many states as you can for as long as you can afford to stay and research and then some. :beer:

JAJ Jun 21st 2005 10:34 am

HOPEFUL
Donna

Before you start making plans to move to either country, you should first look to see if you have any chance of an immigrant visa.

Ask about immigration on the Australia or Canada immigration forums.

Jeremy

Jollymae1 Jun 21st 2005 10:40 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
Before you start making plans to move to either country, you should first look to see if you have any chance of an immigrant visa.

Ask about immigration on the Australia or Canada immigration forums.

Jeremy

We have calculated that we are 10 points short for Canada, and as we have gained 5 points for my dad living there I can only assume we will be even shorter for Oz. Is ther going to be any chance of being accepted in either country?

mand8002 Jun 21st 2005 11:30 am

Have you looked at to MODL (migrants occupation in demand list) for Australia, as depending on your career you may get extra points if the occupation is in demand.

JAJ Jun 21st 2005 2:21 pm

We have calculated that we are 10 points short for Canada, and as we have gained 5 points for my dad living there I can only assume we will be even shorter for Oz. Is ther going to be any chance of being accepted in either country?

If you only have 52 points for your skills for Canada, then your chances of qualifying for Australia are not great. However you need to check directly on the DIMIA website - don't assume anything.

Realistically - unless you have a professional/managerial or tradesman occupation, with necessary qualifications and work experience, your chances of migration on skill grounds are slim. Not everyone qualifies to migrate to Australia or Canada (or New Zealand for that matter).

Jeremy