Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New girl to Sydney - any potential mates out there?

New girl to Sydney - any potential mates out there?

Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Kat_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New girl to Sydney - any potential mates out there?

Hi all,

New to the forum, new to the city - new to the country!

Hi, my names Kat - 27 year old Environmental Scientist from Cambridge area originally (though have spent the last few years in Birmingham from uni years through to working life).

I recently flew in to Sydney to start a new job...well arrived Saturday in fact so really recent and am eager to meet new people and get some potential mates in the area!

I love getting out at the weekends and doing all types of random stuff - paintballing, hiking, camping etc. (i love all things nature related...love animals..oh yes!) I do have the reputation as a bit of an adrenaline junky and love trying new exciting and adventurous things;skydiving, gliding, scuba etc.

But don't let the mental side fool you, I also have a quieter one that loves chilling out with mates in pubs/bars, watching movies, food (well let's face it who doesn't like food?!) and I'm trying to get into photography....

Oh god...this is starting to sound like one of those dating site ads isn't it? Well now that I've embarressed myself enough, I'll leave it there. But if there is anyone out there, a little bit crazy and fun who'd like to take the plunge and meet up with a random mate-seeker feel free to drop me a line :-)

Kat

P.s Anyone got any suggestions for the location of a good curry house in the city?! I have a craving for a chicken madras like you wouldn't believe.....
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

rozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud ofrozellem has much to be proud of
Default Re: New girl to Sydney - any potential mates out there?

There is drinks in Sydney on Thursday eve, search the forum for details. Also, a friend joined getalife.com.au and has not looked back. There are many sites like that for people to meet like minded friends, no emphasis on hooking up, like http://www.meetup.com/cities/au/sydney/ Do a bit of a google search.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:01 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozellem
There is drinks in Sydney on Thursday eve, search the forum for details. Also, a friend joined getalife.com.au and has not looked back. There are many sites like that for people to meet like minded friends, no emphasis on hooking up, like http://www.meetup.com/cities/au/sydney/ Do a bit of a google search.

Yes, there is. A group of us meet up in the CBD every Thursday evening, from about 6:30. I usually post the location on Tuesday or Wednesday. Please feel free to come along. This week we went to The Albion Place Hotel on George Street. It's a mixed group of boys and girls, mostly either single, or couples with no kids. Everyone's welcome - not just Brits.

And as for adrenalin sports, I'll happily tag along if you want to go skydiving or paintballing, or do the shark swim at the aquarium...

Here's a link to the thread from this week: Thursday CBD Meet Up Thread

S
Old Jun 11th 2011, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Sydney