Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new girl hoping to move to queensland

new girl hoping to move to queensland

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

louisec will become famous soon enough
Smile new girl hoping to move to queensland

Hi everyone this is my first time on this site my name is louise my partner and i have two boys and starting the process of trying to get a skills visa I'm not sure what to expect any advice
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:12 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new girl hoping to move to queensland

Originally Posted by louisec
Hi everyone this is my first time on this site my name is louise my partner and i have two boys and starting the process of trying to get a skills visa I'm not sure what to expect any advice
Hello Louise

Welcome to the site

What skills are you going on? Have you started your skills assessment? Where are you hoping to head to?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello Louise

Welcome to the site

What skills are you going on? Have you started your skills assessment? Where are you hoping to head to?
hi there my partner is a welder and fitter i haven't started the skills assessment yet I'm hoping to move to the gold coast where are you from?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:01 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Louise
Welcome to BE. There are a few welders/fitters that have been on recently, if you use the 'search' button along the top in yellowish colour and type in welder you can look at previous threads and they might help answer some questions you have.
Hope it helps,
J x
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:04 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

hi there my partner is a welder and fitter i haven't started the skills assessment yet I'm hoping to move to the gold coast where are you from?
I'm from Birmingham Where are you from?

Are you using an agent?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

I'm from Birmingham Where are you from?

Are you using an agent?
I'm from northern Ireland i haven't got one yet i spent most of weekend looking for info on internet. haven't a clue where to start?
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Hi Louise
Welcome to BE. There are a few welders/fitters that have been on recently, if you use the 'search' button along the top in yellowish colour and type in welder you can look at previous threads and they might help answer some questions you have.
Hope it helps,
J x
thanks j i'll give it a go
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:22 pm

I'm from northern Ireland i haven't got one yet i spent most of weekend looking for info on internet. haven't a clue where to start?
I didn't use an agent, but it really depends on how straightforward your case is and how much you like paperwork

Plenty of good agents reccommended on here if you choose that route. You'll get lots of help and advice off people on this site too - I wouldn't have been able to do it myself without the help from here!

Oh and here's the best place to start http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

I didn't use an agent, but it really depends on how straightforward your case is and how much you like paperwork

Plenty of good agents reccommended on here if you choose that route. You'll get lots of help and advice off people on this site too - I wouldn't have been able to do it myself without the help from here!

Oh and here's the best place to start http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/
thanks for help how long can the whole process take
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:33 pm

thanks for help how long can the whole process take
It really depends, It took us 8 months to get our stuff together to do our skills assessment and then just a couple of weeks to pass it, took us a couple of weeks to submit our visa. Then who knows lol, between 6 and 12 months if your occupation is on the MODL list (Migration Occupants in Demand).

If you go to that link I showed you, you need to download Booklet 6 - and read it - it's a really long document but it's got lots of important info and will help you understand it a bit more
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

It really depends, It took us 8 months to get our stuff together to do our skills assessment and then just a couple of weeks to pass it, took us a couple of weeks to submit our visa. Then who knows lol, between 6 and 12 months if your occupation is on the MODL list (Migration Occupants in Demand).

If you go to that link I showed you, you need to download Booklet 6 - and read it - it's a really long document but it's got lots of important info and will help you understand it a bit more
printing that out now will that tell me if we are in the skills assessment range!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 9:09 am

printing that out now will that tell me if we are in the skills assessment range!
Sorry Louise, I'm not 100% sure what you mean here?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Sorry Louise, I'm not 100% sure what you mean here?
thanks for help i only looked over bits so far it's helped a lot. did you get your visa? if so when u moving
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:59 pm

thanks for help i only looked over bits so far it's helped a lot. did you get your visa? if so when u moving
No we haven't got our visa yet, we submitted in July so it'll be quite a few months yet before we hear anything
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

No we haven't got our visa yet, we submitted in July so it'll be quite a few months yet before we hear anything
what part are you hoping to move to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.