Wikiposts

New Girl

Old May 21st 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by raver77
well done sindy im still in tra but if successful im too am going to adelaide,nice place ,all the best keep in touch
Hi raver77

Have you joined the Adelaidebrits forum?

If not and you wish to you will find it at:-

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/adelaidebrits/

It is very informative and friendly, and a great way to get to know people in, and heading to Adelaide.

Good luck with your TRA assessment

Sindy
Old May 21st 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kerry

Just welcoming you to the `mad house`.

footie chick
Old May 22nd 2003, 5:11 am
earlswood

Hi Footie,

Just wondered wether you like my Pooh Bear??

Earlswood

Old May 22nd 2003, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

kerrylm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tia
Hi kerry ,im new to this site joined yesterday,and im already addicted!!!!its brill!!Welcome.
Hi Tia - glad to know there's someone else out there who is new to this - I think I logged on on Monday night and can't keep away! Never knew something like this was happening and its so helpful AND comforting to know people are going throught eh same crap and headaches as yourself!

Where are you heading? How far along in the app are you? We are hoping for Syd or Melb and waiting the reply from TRA. Fingers crossed.....:scared:
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:16 am
tia
Forum Regular

tia is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going to perth,it took us 2 years to get our visa!!!!!!!!we sent our passports off to london last week to get our visas evidenced in them and we got them back yesterday...got to be in oz by 25th aug....didnt no this site existed till the other day and now i think ill pop on for 5mins and it ends up being ages!!its addictive!
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:22 am

kevwalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site Kerry.

You're right it is addictive on here. Very helpful and informative too. Sometimes very funny.

Don't think too bad of yourself for not knowing where you are going. We had our visas granted in March and still don't know where to go - Perth or Brisbane we think. Are visiting to activate visas in July.
Hope things go well for you. What trades are you in?

Kate
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by kevwalt
Welcome to the site Kerry.

You're right it is addictive on here. Very helpful and informative too. Sometimes very funny.

Don't think too bad of yourself for not knowing where you are going. We had our visas granted in March and still don't know where to go - Perth or Brisbane we think. Are visiting to activate visas in July.
Hope things go well for you. What trades are you in?

Kate
Hi Kate

Hubby is a graphic designer - we don't kow if there is much about in Melb so may go for Sydney. Am reading up - its very very mad, deciding on a city in such a vast country. Don't want to be too out in the sticks - if only had pots and pots could travel country in style for 6 months to suss!!! No chance..
Old May 22nd 2003, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by tia
We are going to perth,it took us 2 years to get our visa!!!!!!!!we sent our passports off to london last week to get our visas evidenced in them and we got them back yesterday...got to be in oz by 25th aug....didnt no this site existed till the other day and now i think ill pop on for 5mins and it ends up being ages!!its addictive!

Lucky you! Your sorted!!! did you use an agency or do it yourself? What made you decide on Perth?
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

kerry

hi and welcome to the site - its very very addictive - there's loads of great people and lots of good advice to be found.

have been visiting since april as came across site quite by accident hoping to go to Perth currently accumulating paperwork for tra assessment.

wish you all the best
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:04 am
tia
Forum Regular

tia is an unknown quantity at this point

We did it ourselfs as we had done it before 11 years ago so we new what to expect but they were a bit stricter this time.Also my 2 sisters have lived there for over 20 years and i have visited them a few times since we lived there 11years ago and we still loved the place.Our last visit was 3yrs ago and thats what made us apply again,we havnt been to any other part of oz so i have nothin to compare it with but the weather is lovely,nice people,lovely beaches and my kids were happy there and of course my family.My sister said sydney and melbourne are similar to london here very busy and perth is more laid back...
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by kerrylm
YES!!! would love to meet up - is it family as well? I live in Hornchurch - it'd be great to meet and talk face to face and of course have a few jars at the same time....
Hi Kerry,

How are you? Welcome to the site!

We're also in Hornchurch, there's a few of us on here now. As Sindy said, you're more than welcome to come along when we meet up on June 1st. If you send me an email address I'll send you all the details. Also if you want somebody local to chat to, please feel free.

See you soon,

Steve and Eve.