new game......

Old Jul 9th 2004, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

jaruky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new game......

the game is to name the country without looking it up....AUS or UK??

Why did cops not stop terror gang?
THE GANG of youths believed to have murdered 15-year-old ##### for his mobile phone had inflicted a reign of terror on other teenagers before the fatal stabbing on Wednesday
Heartbroken friends of ##### believe the boys who killed him regularly harassed other teenagers in #####, and had stolen other mobile phones, bicycles and a scooter before.
The youths are suspected of being part of a gang from #####. Locals are now asking how the authorities failed to catch the gang during their criminal spree before the stabbing.

Anti-racism initiatives
Many ###### schools, education systems and other organisations are already implementing successful anti-racism policies
A recently launched teaching resource for use with both primary and secondary schools. The kit aims to give students a comprehensive understanding of refugee issues

Teenage pregnancy
#####‘s teenage fertility rate, (18. per 1000 in 1998), is substantially less than the United States of America (51.1 in 1998), ##### (29.7 in 1996) and New Zealand (29.8 in 1998).

Statistics show that in 2002/03, 22 per cent of
the population in ##### were living in households with
incomes below 60 per cent of the median after
housing costs. This contrasts to the figure in
1979 13 per cent of the population were living in households with
housing costs.
figures show that in 2002/03, 28 per cent of all children were living in income poverty (below 60 per cent of median income after housing costs) – This compares with 14 per cent of children in 1979.

% of Children Living in Single-Mother Families (1994)
##### = 10.6%
##### = 19.3%

DRUG CRIME
In ##### the latest sweep of the survey found that 65% of all arrestees tested were positive for some form of illicit drug, with 24% testing positive for opiates and 15% for cocaine.

In ##### - "Research shows that more than half, and possibly up to 80% of property offences have some drug involvement. Between 45% and 60% of convicted offenders committed property crimes to support drug habits. Some 64% of offenders admitted using drugs (to give them a lift, or courage) to commit an offence."

Stress at Work
Within ##### Work-Stress is a major factor affecting workers:
18% of workers face constant time-pressures;
35-40% of workers have a lack of influence over their work;
25% (full time) and 60% (part time) of workers experience regular repetitive tasks.

Minimum Wage
According to the salary calculater If I earn £4.85 in UK I must earn £3.57 in Australia to maintain the same standard of living.
UK minimum wage (at 1st October 2004) = £4.85
Aus minimum wage now = $11.35 (or £4.41 at $2.56 rate)

No cheating

Any more?

Answers on a post card....................

Jaruky
Old Jul 9th 2004, 10:19 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new game......

Originally posted by jaruky
the game is to name the country without looking it up....AUS or UK??

Why did cops not stop terror gang?
THE GANG of youths believed to have murdered 15-year-old ##### for his mobile phone had inflicted a reign of terror on other teenagers before the fatal stabbing on Wednesday
Heartbroken friends of ##### believe the boys who killed him regularly harassed other teenagers in #####, and had stolen other mobile phones, bicycles and a scooter before.
The youths are suspected of being part of a gang from #####. Locals are now asking how the authorities failed to catch the gang during their criminal spree before the stabbing.

Anti-racism initiatives
Many ###### schools, education systems and other organisations are already implementing successful anti-racism policies
A recently launched teaching resource for use with both primary and secondary schools. The kit aims to give students a comprehensive understanding of refugee issues

Teenage pregnancy
#####‘s teenage fertility rate, (18. per 1000 in 1998), is substantially less than the United States of America (51.1 in 1998), ##### (29.7 in 1996) and New Zealand (29.8 in 1998).

Statistics show that in 2002/03, 22 per cent of
the population in ##### were living in households with
housing costs. This contrasts to the figure in
1979 13 per cent of the population were living in households with
housing costs.
figures show that in 2002/03, 28 per cent of all children were living in income poverty (below 60 per cent of median income after housing costs) – This compares with 14 per cent of children in 1979.

% of Children Living in Single-Mother Families (1994)
##### = 10.6%
##### = 19.3%

DRUG CRIME
In ##### the latest sweep of the survey found that 65% of all arrestees tested were positive for some form of illicit drug, with 24% testing positive for opiates and 15% for cocaine.

In ##### - "Research shows that more than half, and possibly up to 80% of property offences have some drug involvement. Between 45% and 60% of convicted offenders committed property crimes to support drug habits. Some 64% of offenders admitted using drugs (to give them a lift, or courage) to commit an offence."

Stress at Work
Within ##### Work-Stress is a major factor affecting workers:
18% of workers face constant time-pressures;
35-40% of workers have a lack of influence over their work;
25% (full time) and 60% (part time) of workers experience regular repetitive tasks.

Minimum Wage
According to the salary calculater If I earn £4.85 in UK I must earn £3.57 in Australia to maintain the same standard of living.
UK minimum wage (at 1st October 2004) = £4.85
Aus minimum wage now = $11.35 (or £4.41 at $2.56 rate)

No cheating

Any more?

Answers on a post card....................

Jaruky
I know the mobile phone murder is a UK story but please put me out of my misery and tell me where the rest come from. I reckon they could all quite easily come from both UK and OZ.

ACE
Old Jul 10th 2004, 8:58 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't the vast majority of these apply to any well populated westernised country ?