Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new friends in Townsville

new friends in Townsville

Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:57 am
Just Joined

tracey.abdn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new friends in Townsville

Hi - I arrived in Townsville on 4th October and just begining to find my feet and get used to the weather.My partner has lived here since Feb 08 and knows a few people here. I would be keen to meet up with other females around late 20s -early 30s if anyone is free during the day (not working yet) and we would also like to meet up with other couples at weekends. I'm sure someone said somethig about meet ups happening at the strand?I'm originally from Aberdeen, Scotland (not missing the snow and sleet yet) but thank god for airconditioning!Tracey
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:20 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new friends in Townsville

Hello there!

I'm a bit up the road in Cairns and its not hot yet - just warming up! and I'm very jealous of air-conditioning, although the plus side to not having it is that you can go out into the full sun and think ... well that's a bit cooler then!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Tracey
welcome to TSV, my partner and I are from Ireland and are here since may, i work in the city but can do lunch if you like some day
Patrice
Old Nov 14th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

hi tracey,

im slightly older than the age group given, but not yet a coffin dodger!
also scottish, been here for a year and loving it, i'm available most afternoons if you wish to pm me.

hope you are settling well

ruth
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

susanf is an unknown quantity at this point

im also a little older than the age group given, but I would love to meet up with you guys. I have been in Townsville a whole month and need some friends.
Sue
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

Hi all
guess the best thing to do here is pick a time and place (we used to do the seaview a good bit) and post it out there and invite everyone
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

gozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nice

Hi

We (Myself, OH and 3 sons) are moving to Townsville on 11th January, if any meet ups after that date would love to join in.

Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

As usual I will always be up for meeting new people. I have two children aged 4 and 6 but the last one will be off to prep in January and will be needing some entertainment during the day (oh in case hubbie is reading this, of course all the housework will be done!)

I do have some free time in the next couple of weeks while they are at school or kindy so pm me if you want to meet up.

Sara x
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trice_ie
Hi all
guess the best thing to do here is pick a time and place (we used to do the seaview a good bit) and post it out there and invite everyone
hi my name is nicki, been here for 2 whole months, am in the old fart age range. 42. can meet up any day you want.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by John_R
hi my name is nicki, been here for 2 whole months, am in the old fart age range. 42. can meet up any day you want.
hi nicki,

have pm'd you

ruth x