Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to Forum - Oz Advise

New to Forum - Oz Advise

Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

joe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nice
Default New to Forum - Oz Advise

Hi Everyone

We're new to this forum and we are hoping to move to Oz end of March

Our visa's are here (husband born in NZ)
We're in the process of getting quotes for our shipping of furniture to Oz. Does anyone have any companies names which are good , we live in Northampton

Our question is about health insurance, is it something we need to sort out before we go or can we do this when we get to Oz.

Also my husband is an electrician, Is there anything he needs to do before he can start work out there. He doesn't have a job there but will look as soon as we're there

Is there anything else we need to know??

Look forward to any advise, any advise appreciated

Many Thanks
Ach & Joe
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:03 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: New to Forum - Oz Advise

Originally Posted by joe_ach
Hi Everyone

We're in the process of getting quotes for our shipping of furniture to Oz. Does anyone have any companies names which are good , we live in Northampton

Our question is about health insurance, is it something we need to sort out before we go or can we do this when we get to Oz.

Also my husband is an electrician, Is there anything he needs to do before he can start work out there. He doesn't have a job there but will look as soon as we're there

Is there anything else we need to know??

Look forward to any advise, any advise appreciated

Many Thanks
Ach & Joe
You can get the health insurance when you arrive, many people just use the Medicare (Australia's version of NHS) and don't have Insurance anyway.

Regarding work, he may need to get an Australian licence to do this types of work. This can take time to get.
Otherwise he needs to get work as a trades assistant until he gets the licence.

Old Jan 11th 2010, 10:20 am
Just Joined

joe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nicejoe_ach is just really nice

Thanks for your help, i thought no-one was going to reply
Thanks again
Ach
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:23 am
Just Joined

martnp is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i see from one of your other posts that you are moving to secret harbour , this is just to say you will love it we were there for 2 years but came back to the uk and after 1 1/2 years back are going back to secret harbour . have a great time there you never know might see you on the beach one day .
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by martnp
hi i see from one of your other posts that you are moving to secret harbour , this is just to say you will love it we were there for 2 years but came back to the uk and after 1 1/2 years back are going back to secret harbour . have a great time there you never know might see you on the beach one day .
Yeah we've got friends there and we went out last Feb and fell in love with it.........having the beach on your door step is great.
Like you say you never know, we might just bump into you!!
We're in the process of trying to find somewhere to rent in Secret Harbour and aim to move out there end of March

When do you go back?? Do you have family?
Speak soon
Ach
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

hi
we are looking at about june but with this weather could be next week , no we do not have any family there but met some good friends for dog walking . can't wait to get back to all the nice places to go and cooked breakfast at rockingham beach front .from what part of the uk are you leaving behind
Old Feb 1st 2010, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Hi

We are from Northampton, Where are you from??
I know this weather doesn't make you want to stay here.......it's getting so cold!

We're shipping our stuff over next week, so it's all becoming quite real now. We're a bit scared as it's a big thing and especially when we are going as a family.........but i'm sure once we're there all will be well.

Do you guys have jobs there or will you find something when you get out there. My husbands an electrician, so is hoping he'll find something quite quick. I'm going to settle our 5 yrs old into school first and then find any type of work

Speak soon
Ach
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

we are from evesham so not to far away , i know what you mean when you send your furniture well the first time any way . our's went to new zealand first as we were going there and just as it got there we decided to go to perth the people there so nice there but not enough sun . this time it will be easier as we know what to do . i am in engineering and my wife is in HR ?? but this time i would like to do real estate as my wife did this over there and loved it but will have to wait until we get there. how long were you there for before and were do you friends live we might of lived next door to them .
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Yes it is all scary, especially all the custom forms etc and ticking all your item and their values!!

That's a big job change from engineering to real estate!
My husband is an electrician and i'm a childrenwear designer before our child was here and since then i've been doing a job as an indenpdent consultant in a company called Pampered Chef

Our friends live on Secret Harbour boulevard. We went over as a holiday last feb. We went to Perth - Sydney - Gold Coast - Melbourne and then back to Perth. We were there in total 5 weeks.

My husband is born in NZ but his parents come back to UK as soon has he was born so he was 7 weeks old

We'll have to keep in contact and meet up when you get out there.
Where about are you thinking of living. Do you have a place there already?

bye for now
Ach
Old Feb 1st 2010, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

we are going back to secret harbour as this is the best place if you want PM me and we can give you any info you might need
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 2:31 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

Is this a 461 visa? Or some other kind?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Hi

My husband has a sub class 444 visa
myself & my daughter are going as a spouse 5 year visa 461

Why you ask? is this the wrong visa?
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:39 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Yeah we've got friends there and we went out last Feb and fell in love with it.........having the beach on your door step is great.
Like you say you never know, we might just bump into you!!
We're in the process of trying to find somewhere to rent in Secret Harbour and aim to move out there end of March

When do you go back?? Do you have family?
Speak soon
Ach
Same here when my hubby's contract is finally done!

Carol
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:40 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martnp
hi
we are looking at about june but with this weather could be next week , no we do not have any family there but met some good friends for dog walking . can't wait to get back to all the nice places to go and cooked breakfast at rockingham beach front .from what part of the uk are you leaving behind
If you don't mind me being nosey why did you return to uk?

Carol
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 9:41 am
ian

Hi

My husband has a sub class 444 visa
myself & my daughter are going as a spouse 5 year visa 461

Why you ask? is this the wrong visa?
We are going to Secret harbour also we have friends there too

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.