New To Forum

Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question New To Forum

We're new to the forum but it's been fantastic for information .

We've sold our house now and are just waiting for the sale to go through :scared: and are looking to go to Brissie at the end of September.

We've read lots on the forum about shipping and I have a question, we have received quotes for our shipping from Surrey to Brisbane with a estimated capacity of 880 cu ft for £2,970 for a 20ft reefer and a second with an estimated capacity of 1050 cu ft for a normal 20ft container for £3,200 is this about right or does it sound expensive? - any help much appreciated.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:52 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To Forum

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Our friends left for Aus within last 2 weeks and paid just over £4k for a 20' container with similar volume.

Cornwall is out in the sticks compared to you in terms of distance from the port so your quote seems reasonable to me.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:54 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Welcome to the forum .....

Have you seen this thread on shipping .....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245663
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:57 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome

Our shipping is costing £3200 plus insurance @3%. We live in Gateshead so it's quite a hike to the port down south, Felixestow I think. I would have thought it cheaper the closer to the port you live.

Walla
Old Aug 9th 2004, 2:58 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lori&Andy

Welcome to the forum, it's sometimes a bit of a madhouse but it's also a lot of fun too. Plus you have people here with a vast amount of knowledge and experience (sadly not me coz I can't answer your question re movers).

Enjoy your time on the site.

D D
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Wow thanks guys I can't believe how quick you posted your responses I'm a little more assured now that we are doing the right thing choosing between PSS and Crown after looking at the poll link BKate sent us. We'll let you know how Crown get on they seemed very professional and their advantage of shipping the items themselves both sides sounds good. The next thing to decide on will be the insurance ......
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

[Hi and welcome
The shippers have just left our home in Berkshire and we are off to Brisbane,we also have a 20 ft container 1100 cubic feet and ours was 3,300 pounds,however ive forgotten to organize the insurance.
good luck
donna

QUOTE=DollyDaydream]Hi Lori&Andy

Welcome to the forum, it's sometimes a bit of a madhouse but it's also a lot of fun too. Plus you have people here with a vast amount of knowledge and experience (sadly not me coz I can't answer your question re movers).

Enjoy your time on the site.

D D[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:11 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Lori&Andy

We've sold our house now and are just waiting for the sale to go through :scared: and are looking to go to Brissie at the end of September.

We've read lots on the forum about shipping and I have a question, we have received quotes for our shipping from Surrey to Brisbane with a estimated capacity of 880 cu ft for £2,970 for a 20ft reefer and a second with an estimated capacity of 1050 cu ft for a normal 20ft container for £3,200 is this about right or does it sound expensive? - any help much appreciated.
Hi there Lori & Andy,

Congratulations on your house sale!
We're heading for Brissie hopefully at end of Oct, beginning of Nov and still deciding whether to ship our stuff or sell it and buy new??
It was interesting to see how much it costs.
Where is Brisbane are you heading???
We're heading for Bracken Ridge in northern Brisbane.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi shecha

Thanks we were very lucky with the house sale just keeping fingers crossed now that it all goes through smoothly.
We're headed for Noosaville initiallly to live with the family for a while whilst we get a feel for the Brisbane suburbs. We quite like the look of Beachmere, but it's hard to tell until you get there isn't it.
Are you going to Bracken Ridge to stay with relatives?
Is that an inland area?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:14 am
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi shecha

Thanks we were very lucky with the house sale just keeping fingers crossed now that it all goes through smoothly.
We're headed for Noosaville initiallly to live with the family for a while whilst we get a feel for the Brisbane suburbs. We quite like the look of Beachmere, but it's hard to tell until you get there isn't it.
Are you going to Bracken Ridge to stay with relatives?
Is that an inland area?

Hi Lori & Andy,
Yes we will be staying with rellies at Bracken Ridge (northern subburb) when we get there and it is inland. The nearest beaches are about 10 min drive away.
I think we'll probably rent there as well coz the road/train system is good and the nursery/schools have a good reputation, but the main reason is that most rented accommodation don't have pools and the rellies have a fab pool, so we'll be in theirs alot!!! Good old rellies!!
Joking aside, once we get there, we might change out mind - it will also depend on where we get jobs.
Good luck anyway!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:59 am
maggy

Hi welcome to the forum

sorry cant help with shipping costs as we did not bring anything with us.

But will give you a little karma to start you off

good luck

mags

Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mags right back at ya

Last edited by Lori&Andy; Aug 10th 2004 at 10:10 am.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Mags right back at ya

You quotes for shipping souns spot on to me. We were quoted the same last year and we used PSS with no problems.

Hope it all goes well.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Mizunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Speak to Allfreight International Removals, they can ship a 20ft Container to Australia for £3100.00 this includes packing, the full service.

I suggest you call them before you chose your mover, speak to Robert Lamb 0800454796.

Good luck
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mizunk
Speak to Allfreight International Removals, they can ship a 20ft Container to Australia for £3100.00 this includes packing, the full service.

I suggest you call them before you chose your mover, speak to Robert Lamb 0800454796.

Good luck
Bit late for them I'd guess - this is a thread from August......now I'm convinced you're on commission!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.