Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New on this forum

New on this forum

Old Sep 28th 2003, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Whats next

Hi, new to this chat forum ..but here goes ...I have applied for a visa under subclass 139 , skilled designated area sponsor and have been asked to take a medical,xrays and police checks. all seem to be ok and sent off. i think that the next stage is a deposit of $5.000 to be deposited into a govenment account, can anyone tell me if this is correct and how long i will now have to wait for this to come through and what is the next stage of the process.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

peoedith is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Whats next

Originally posted by Happy hammer
Hi, new to this chat forum ..but here goes ...I have applied for a visa under subclass 139 , skilled designated area sponsor and have been asked to take a medical,xrays and police checks. all seem to be ok and sent off. i think that the next stage is a deposit of $5.000 to be deposited into a govenment account, can anyone tell me if this is correct and how long i will now have to wait for this to come through and what is the next stage of the process.

Hi HH,
I'm Edith and I've just started to think about asking the Skilled indipendent visa...same as yours...Is it hard? How long you've been working to obvtain the skilled assessment from the ACS? How long it takes to have it? i jus want to know more before start anything? i hold a degree in computer science but i don?t have much work experience! Any suggestion?
Cheers, Edith
PS: where are u applying from....me..from Italy.
Old Oct 1st 2003, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi edith, I had to send my skills assessment to the TRA (trade reconition Australia) as i applied as a communications linesperson as i work for a large telephone company in England. once i sent the forms back to them for assesment i got a letter saying that they had recieved them and i should hear in about 6 to 8 weeks. I head back after 6 weeks and all was ok. all my work was assessed on in house training that i had done with the company. make sure you send them as much as you can to show what you have been doing in your trade as it all helps towards the final assessment. The best advise i can give you is to make sure that you take your time with this part and get it right as if you fail this part you wont make it.... Good luck
Old Aug 21st 2004, 9:47 am
Just Joined

ollylongden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New on this forum

Originally Posted by Happy hammer
Hi edith, I had to send my skills assessment to the TRA (trade reconition Australia) as i applied as a communications linesperson as i work for a large telephone company in England. once i sent the forms back to them for assesment i got a letter saying that they had recieved them and i should hear in about 6 to 8 weeks. I head back after 6 weeks and all was ok. all my work was assessed on in house training that i had done with the company. make sure you send them as much as you can to show what you have been doing in your trade as it all helps towards the final assessment. The best advise i can give you is to make sure that you take your time with this part and get it right as if you fail this part you wont make it.... Good luck

Hi, i've just started with an agent and am also looking at going under the SIR scheme as communications linesperson. Not sure on what or how much to put in the reference sheets - do you know anywhere that shows an example of Comms linesperson reference to get an idea from?
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:42 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats next

Hi HH

We have just posted our application under the same subclass. I know the package arrived because my credit card has been debited!

Anyhow, to the point. I have been doing all the paperwork myself (dont like parting with my cash, so wont use an agent if I dont have to), so I was wondering if I had missed something. What is the $5000 deposit for?

Cheers, Gary

Originally Posted by Happy hammer