Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New fangled gadgetry and bathroom renos??

New fangled gadgetry and bathroom renos??

Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:06 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Question New fangled gadgetry and bathroom renos??

Well i've just amazed myself!!

I unplumed my single drawer dishwasher,(a very wet job i have to say!) And have plumbed in a double drawer fisher pykle bewtie!! I have let it run the total program and had not one drip of water escaped!!!!

Plumber and rossi eat your plumber hearts out

OK, a question.....

The bathroom reno starts monday, how sorry i'll be to see the delectable brown tiles and matching bathset ensemble go, i can't begin to explain.

I have totally redesigned the space and its out with a wasted hall way and poxy linen press to have a big bathroom and small powder room (that word still makes me) fitted. (The "debate" is still raging re: what type of shower fitting to have over the spa bath, Badge cheers for you support on that last night mate )

Has anyone else done this type of thing before and are there any "must do's, or no no's" involved!!

AND YES!!!! before you ask, i have got a proper plumber coming in to fit everything!!

Last edited by hevs; Apr 21st 2004 at 2:08 am.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:55 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Spa bath? What's that? A can of Heinz Baked Beans half an hour before?

Having done a few bathrooms in my time (in the UK where you don't need half a dozen licences to just get on with it...) I do NOT envy you....
Old Apr 21st 2004, 2:58 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
Spa bath? What's that? A can of Heinz Baked Beans half an hour before?
Didn't someone say they were on special somewhere??
Having done a few bathrooms in my time (in the UK where you don't need half a dozen licences to just get on with it...) I do NOT envy you....
errm, cheers then
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:01 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by hevs
errm, cheers then
It's a dirty, messy, sweaty, chop your fingers to bits on sharp tile edges type job. I've got two of them to do in the new house.....
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:03 am
High in the Dandenongs

bring it on!!
My cousins hubby is a tiler, so i got out of that bit for the mere sum of a slab and a barbie!!
Demolisions begining later today, but the proper stuff at the W/E
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:11 am
I like kittens.

bring it on!!
My cousins hubby is a tiler, so i got out of that bit for the mere sum of a slab and a barbie!!
Demolisions begining later today, but the proper stuff at the W/E
Ahhhh... but unlike the rest of Oz I hear that Vic has only a normal two-day weekend....

How come you guys aren't (so I hear) getting Monday off for Anzac Day, like the rest of us?

I've got yet another all-day meeting tomorrow (like all of the last week, which is why I've been so quiet), but then a long weekend to look forward to. I was up at the housesite last Saturday, putting together a map of the area, to decide what goes where (water tank(s), septic system, greywater system, solar power system, garage / workshop...) Had great fun!! It's amazing how much you can fit into 10 acres! (That's the 'home paddock', before you start wondering what happened to the other 100+ acres!)
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:16 am
High in the Dandenongs

yes you're right, no piking it for us in Vic!

Think its because we get the Melbourne cup day off. I was looking in my daughters school diary and if you want SERIOUS bank holidays, Tazzy is the place to go they get and extra, eerrmm, i think it was 6 but will need to check.

Home paddock, you smug git
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:20 am
I like kittens.

Home paddock, you smug git

Sounds like Tazzy might be a good place to look at, if we have to go STNI route... It would REALLY piss me off if we had to go that far out, though - we've put blood, sweat and tears into getting and keeping this property, and we WON'T be letting it go!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

Sounds like Tazzy might be a good place to look at, if we have to go STNI route...
You'll fit right in with your hunched back
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:26 am
I like kittens.

You'll fit right in with your hunched back
WHO TOLD???!!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:15 am
Badge

yes you're right, no piking it for us in Vic!
Ok by me. I get paid by the hour and another public holiday so soon after Easter would bankrupt me or reduce MrsB's living expenses.

Most Aussies throw a sicky on Melbourne Cup day anyhow!

Tazzy is the place to go they get and extra, eerrmm, i think it was 6 but will need to check.
they need a day off for each head I suppose.

Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
Ok by me. I get paid by the hour and another public holiday so soon after Easter would bankrupt me or reduce MrsB's living expenses.

Most Aussies throw a sicky on Melbourne Cup day anyhow!

Here they just get plastered at work.
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by badgersmount

DUP, i know about the spinal problems, but how many heads was it at the last count???
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:28 am
I like kittens.

DUP, i know about the spinal problems, but how many heads was it at the last count???
Would you like to rephrase that last question......?
Old Apr 21st 2004, 4:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

Would you like to rephrase that last question......?
such a filthy mind
So, apart from two, how many more? ON YOUR SHOULDERS
(then again, perhaps this is Tazzys best kept secret???)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.