Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new family introduction

Wikiposts

new family introduction

Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new family introduction

Hi sue2 we re from Peterborough,shall miss it immensely not.. hopefully heading for brisbane early to mid 2005 waiting for visas, not sure what area yet currently checking out bayside.What do you both do for a living.
Originally Posted by Sue2
HI! New to the sit today too!!

We are looking at Brisbane, Myself,Husband & 2 children 5,7 we travelled around a bit in 1996 and loved it!
We should be hearing from the TRA in September and if all goes well will be taking our hol`s there in November time can`t wait

We`re in Sidcup,Kent What part of the UK are you from?

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi sue2 we re from Peterborough,shall miss it immensely not.. hopefully heading for brisbane early to mid 2005 waiting for visas, not sure what area yet currently checking out bayside.What do you both do for a living.

Hi again,
Firstly what a response!!! No one has spoken to me yet

We should be the same sort of time if all goes well mid 2005, we are going through my husbands trade which is roofing, I am a care worker for the elderly. Looking through local papers I will have no probs getting a job. Not as good for Chris, I will be sending off his c.v to loads of places soon, if we get any responce we can follow it up when we go out later this year.

Have no idea of the nice and not too expensive areas are though if you here of any let me know.
So you think you will go to Brissie, We were like that about Perth but looking into it work looks alot better in Brisbane So Brissie it is.

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:59 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Scissors, since you're from P'boro, you'll have to come along to the next Cambridge expats meet (as yet to be arranged, but sometime in Sept). There are a few others from Peterborough here too.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi again Tracey

Hope this is of help, I copied it from a previous post, there's lots of info for hairdressers if you do a search.

Hi

Once you get here you will have to apply to The Hairdressing Registration Board, and apply for registation. This involves a Theory Test of multiple choice questions and a practical test. You have to do a Tint, a perm, a short back and sides, a fashion cut and set. You have to provide your own models and the practical session has to be competed in 4 hours. You can start work without out it as long as you have applied and get a Permission to Work.
Be prepared because without this Registration you will not be able to work in the Hairdressing Trade.
Its an absolute nightmare. Apart from that you should be able to pick and choose your work. There is such a demand. Check out the jobs in the paper especially on a Wednesday and Saturday and you,ll see what I mean. www.thewest.com.au

Unquote

Sounds a bit scary doesn't it, 4 hours isn't very long to do all of these and I won't know that many people when we first get there. I'll do yours if you do mine LOL

Lindsey
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi bundy i would love to come to your next cambridge meet i couldnt make the last one i had to work it was a bit to early for me, but my hubby came Gary he said he met you.We have got together with Sara and Graham,it would be great to get to know a few more people also,keep in touch tracey.
Originally Posted by bundy
Scissors, since you're from P'boro, you'll have to come along to the next Cambridge expats meet (as yet to be arranged, but sometime in Sept). There are a few others from Peterborough here too.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi again,
Hi sue sorry about earlier,had to go out hubbies birthday,went to pictures to see garfield,how sad is that.I think we are pretty much in the same boat ,as far as knowing where to go we also are looking for somewhere not to expensive but we would like to be near the coast. we have not been before so it is very helpful the information on this site.Glad to see youve had a few more responses ill check out a few of those places myself.Meantime if i find something or somewhere of interest ill let you know and if you could do the same i would be grateful could even be a drink and a barby in it for you when we finally get to oz.posted our application for our visas today yippeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Firstly what a response!!! No one has spoken to me yet

We should be the same sort of time if all goes well mid 2005, we are going through my husbands trade which is roofing, I am a care worker for the elderly. Looking through local papers I will have no probs getting a job. Not as good for Chris, I will be sending off his c.v to loads of places soon, if we get any responce we can follow it up when we go out later this year.

Have no idea of the nice and not too expensive areas are though if you here of any let me know.
So you think you will go to Brissie, We were like that about Perth but looking into it work looks alot better in Brisbane So Brissie it is.

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,
Hi sue sorry about earlier,had to go out hubbies birthday,went to pictures to see garfield,how sad is that.I think we are pretty much in the same boat ,as far as knowing where to go we also are looking for somewhere not to expensive but we would like to be near the coast. we have not been before so it is very helpful the information on this site.Glad to see youve had a few more responses ill check out a few of those places myself.Meantime if i find something or somewhere of interest ill let you know and if you could do the same i would be grateful could even be a drink and a barby in it for you when we finally get to oz.posted our application for our visas today yippeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You lucky things on posting your applications another step further
roll on september!!!
I`ll hold you to that drink & barby and I`ll keep you posted of any new info.

Thanks Sue2 With a very dead bum I just cant get off this site
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for that i did read it after i sent you the message but it seems that in some areas of oz its different so i guess we ll just have to see shouldnt be to difficult anyway.Its a bit scary working in another country though you tend to wonder if they do things the same, still im always up for a challenge.It sounds like hairdressers shouldnt have a problem finding a job sounds interesting could be some cash to be made. Let me know how you get on its good talking to someone who understands where im coming from,thanks again tracey.
Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi again Tracey

Hope this is of help, I copied it from a previous post, there's lots of info for hairdressers if you do a search.

Hi

Once you get here you will have to apply to The Hairdressing Registration Board, and apply for registation. This involves a Theory Test of multiple choice questions and a practical test. You have to do a Tint, a perm, a short back and sides, a fashion cut and set. You have to provide your own models and the practical session has to be competed in 4 hours. You can start work without out it as long as you have applied and get a Permission to Work.
Be prepared because without this Registration you will not be able to work in the Hairdressing Trade.
Its an absolute nightmare. Apart from that you should be able to pick and choose your work. There is such a demand. Check out the jobs in the paper especially on a Wednesday and Saturday and you,ll see what I mean. www.thewest.com.au

Unquote

Sounds a bit scary doesn't it, 4 hours isn't very long to do all of these and I won't know that many people when we first get there. I'll do yours if you do mine LOL

Lindsey
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi guys just wanted to say thanks for a trifick amount of replies if i havent answered all of them i will promise.Just one thing hubby is upset ive had more replies than him so please someone talk to him his name on site is GSB please take pity on him it is his birthday youno oops i think ive had tooooo much wine... hic
Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

I know what you meanabout not gettin off site its addictive and i m not at all into computers not until i discovered this site that is, its good to talk to people in the same situation i think my friends and family have lost interest in me going on and on andon. we ll definately have that barby keep in touch.Spose i d better let my daughter have a go on the computer she s been waiting ages.tracey
You lucky things on posting your applications another step further
roll on september!!!
I`ll hold you to that drink & barby and I`ll keep you posted of any new info.

Thanks Sue2 With a very dead bum I just cant get off this site
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks best of luck in your new life keep me posted how you are getting on bet youve got plenty to do before 7yh sept maybe we ll meet sometime in brisbane.tracey
Originally Posted by nosuchluck
Welcome to the madhouse! We are Rach, Mark and Chanelle, flying to Brisbane on 7th September!!!
best of luck with your application
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

thank looked at desperatly seeking hairdressers been in touch could be a good lead yhanks for that when are you hoping to go to oz.
Originally Posted by Handyandy180
Hi and welcome to the madhouse. You will love it.
Good one for you on page two entitled desperatly seeking hair dressers
Good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

OMG it really is addictive cant get off this site i m even dreaming expats
Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
we did warn you....this gets addictive ! It does however help while away the weeks as you wait for the yellow envelope to drop on the mat and then the fun begins !! :scared:

Best wishes

Warren
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

hi bundy i would love to come to your next cambridge meet i couldnt make the last one i had to work it was a bit to early for me, but my hubby came Gary he said he met you.We have got together with Sara and Graham,it would be great to get to know a few more people also,keep in touch tracey.

Ahhhhhhh, so you're Gary's wife! Should have twigged earlier

Definintely see you at the next one then
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

[Hello,I'll talkto you!
If you are looking at going to Brisbane, on the northside (of the river)
nice suburbs are
Albany Creek
Bridgeman Downs (bit expensive but nice)
Cashmere (mainly acreage)
Carseldine
Eatons Hill
McDowall
inner northern suburbs tend to have older houses called Queenslanders which are timber houses with nice architectual touches, or replicas but are a bit over priced in my opinion. Depends on what you like, ofcourse.
Windsor
Wilston (the premier Peter Beatie lives here)
Gordon Park

Can't tell you much about the southside as I don't live there .
West
The Gap
Upper Kedron
Ashgrove
Ascot

East
Birkdale
and any of the bayside suburbs but all seem to be getting expensive now.
Hope this helps
Lisa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.