Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new family introduction

Wikiposts

new family introduction

Old Aug 11th 2004, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new family introduction

hi arnie2oz thanks for your reply, no what you mean about 16yr old going on 26 i ve got one of those. your right about kids being a big influence they ve got to be happy to, kerry really likes the idea of the gold coast she fancies taking up surfing, but the idea of much more of an out door lifestyle appeals to us all, better social life and and a more relaxing lifestyle is what we are after. trying to find out as much as we can about both melbourne and brisbane before we really decide. I see your heading to brisbane when are you hoping to go, any special reason why you chose brisbane i d be pleased to hear your views, maybe your daughter would like to talk to kerry on MSN. we don t have any family out there so we are going pretty blind really but sometimes you ve got to take the plunge.
Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Welcome scissors!
Loads of info on here and a very good search facility - hope others can help you with your decision of where to end up, but in the end, after the research, go with your own feel for the place, you can always go somewhere else if it doesn't work out.

We've got an almost 16 yr old daughter (going on 26!). Kids do have a heavy influence on choices don't they? - education, social life etc......

Good luck with it all.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome scissors

As others have said, you should find everything you need to know here - search can be a bit hit or miss, but even the misses turn up entertaining and interesting info.

I hope you are prepared to become totallly obsessed by the forum. I think everyone makes some excuse about 20 times a day as to why they need to check the computer and as for turning the damn thing off at night - just assume you will be here about an hour later and you should be fine.

Good luck with the decision. We started with Melbourne but are now definitely heading for the gold coast - Melbourne weather is something I want to hear about, not face everyday - can do that here Have no problem being rained on but do not want to be cold cold (snow cold) every again

Penny
Old Aug 11th 2004, 6:50 am
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: new family introduction

Originally Posted by scissors
hi guys been reading your website and think its great, some interesting information and some great characters so thought i d like to join in, so here goes.
my name is tracey my hubby is gary and we have a 16yr old daughter called kerry.Ive just had my trade recognised from the TRA i m a hairdresser, and just applying for visas, hoping to go to oz early next year. Looking for a more relaxing and a different kind of lifestyle, not sure yet either Melbourne or Brisbane, any information welcome,we dont have any family or friends in oz so chatting to some people and maybe meeting up both while we are still in england and when we get to oz would be great, also any teenagers out there to swap notes with my daughter.
Hi, I am new to the forum myself but I find myself wondering how I ever managed to successfully apply for my visa, good luck with your application and all the best for your future.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: new family introduction

Hi Tracey,

so you've managed to get Gary off of the computer - well done and watch yourself! This forum will take up more of your time than you can imagine!

Someone on here posted a reply to Jill (Go Bananas) saying that their are now addicted to three soaps - Coronation Street, Eastenders and the Go Bananas Chronicals! It really does get you like that!

See you both soon,

Sara
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi there Tracey, Gary and Kerry

Welcome to the forum, prepare to become totally addicted, morning, noon and night there will be a reason to switch on the computer. I'm also a hairdresser but will be heading for Perth hopefully, by the end of this year. I'm looking to open my own salon if thats possible so will be looking for staff if you change your minds and head that way. I've got 17 and 14 year old boys and a 6 year old girl (whose also going on 26). Hard work ain't they.

Anyway good luck to you all.

Lindsey
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

HI Scissors,

Welcome to the site. I am also a hairdresser. Just waiting to hear back from the TRA. We have a daughter almost 17, a son who will 16 on Sunday and another son aged 6. My daughter is always on msn so if yours would like to chat let me know. We are hopefully heading for Perth, I have 2 sisters there. We are going out on holiday in December. Can't wait!!!

bye for now
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, this place is a fantastic resource for advice, reassurance and meeting lovely people

We're hoping to go to Victoria (outside of Melbourne), but kids are younger (9, 8 & 9months).

We're currently waiting to hear from TRA....

Best of luck with your application - I hear they're desperate for hairdressers in Oz.

hi guys been reading your website and think its great, some interesting information and some great characters so thought i d like to join in, so here goes.
my name is tracey my hubby is gary and we have a 16yr old daughter called kerry.Ive just had my trade recognised from the TRA i m a hairdresser, and just applying for visas, hoping to go to oz early next year. Looking for a more relaxing and a different kind of lifestyle, not sure yet either Melbourne or Brisbane, any information welcome,we dont have any family or friends in oz so chatting to some people and maybe meeting up both while we are still in england and when we get to oz would be great, also any teenagers out there to swap notes with my daughter.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sara hi Graham, yes i ve actually got onto the computer myself, gulp, its all pretty new to me, dont usually use the computer, cant believe the response i ve got, just got home from work,its going to take me all night to respond the rate i type. never mind how are you guys, really enjoyed getting together saturday night we ll have to do it again soon.
Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Tracey,

so you've managed to get Gary off of the computer - well done and watch yourself! This forum will take up more of your time than you can imagine!

Someone on here posted a reply to Jill (Go Bananas) saying that their are now addicted to three soaps - Coronation Street, Eastenders and the Go Bananas Chronicals! It really does get you like that!

See you both soon,

Sara
Old Aug 12th 2004, 5:52 am
Go Banana's !!

Hi Sara hi Graham, yes i ve actually got onto the computer myself, gulp, its all pretty new to me, dont usually use the computer, cant believe the response i ve got, just got home from work,its going to take me all night to respond the rate i type. never mind how are you guys, really enjoyed getting together saturday night we ll have to do it again soon.

we did warn you....this gets addictive ! It does however help while away the weeks as you wait for the yellow envelope to drop on the mat and then the fun begins !! :scared:

Best wishes

Warren

Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome Tracey

You will find lots of inforamtion snipets on here.

The site takes you on a roller coaster of a ride but be warned some threads are enough to make your hair curl.

You find yourself being taken along on a wave of excitement.

Enjoy
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi, thanks for the reply its good to hear from another hairdresser,and good to hear your opening your own salon, i m not sure witch way to go yet,whether to go and work in a salon and maybe make a few work friends,or go for a salon myself,i have had my own salon before for 12yrs,or whether to go mobile which is what i m doing at the momment.My trade has been approved by the TRA but do you know if you need a liecence to do hairdressing in oz i know you do for some trades, i also do manicures pedicures,nail extensions and airbrushing. It would be good to hear about your expereinces.Hope to hear from you soon.
Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi there Tracey, Gary and Kerry

Welcome to the forum, prepare to become totally addicted, morning, noon and night there will be a reason to switch on the computer. I'm also a hairdresser but will be heading for Perth hopefully, by the end of this year. I'm looking to open my own salon if thats possible so will be looking for staff if you change your minds and head that way. I've got 17 and 14 year old boys and a 6 year old girl (whose also going on 26). Hard work ain't they.

Anyway good luck to you all.

Lindsey
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

yeh i know what you meeen about the cold weather in Melbourne you tend to want to leave that behind,i think we are swaying more towards the gold coast as long as we ve got air conditioning and a pool to cool of when it gets to hot i think we should be ok plus we seem to be finding out much more information out about brisbane.When do you plan to go.I want to go yesterday.
Originally Posted by moneypen20
Welcome scissors

As others have said, you should find everything you need to know here - search can be a bit hit or miss, but even the misses turn up entertaining and interesting info.

I hope you are prepared to become totallly obsessed by the forum. I think everyone makes some excuse about 20 times a day as to why they need to check the computer and as for turning the damn thing off at night - just assume you will be here about an hour later and you should be fine.

Good luck with the decision. We started with Melbourne but are now definitely heading for the gold coast - Melbourne weather is something I want to hear about, not face everyday - can do that here Have no problem being rained on but do not want to be cold cold (snow cold) every again

Penny
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Tracy, Gary and Kerry
Welcome to the site, hope all your plans come together and you have a great life out here.
Good luck guys
Joanne
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi fellow hairdresser,it seems forever waiting from the TRA doesn t it mine took just 12 weeks but it seemed longer not being sure if i d sent enough information but good luck.Yes my daughter would like to talk to your daughter on msn her msn address is [email protected] she ll be pleased to hear from someone else in the same boat as us. Keep in touch if your only in liecester maybe we could arrange to meet up.
Originally Posted by Pauline & Iain
HI Scissors,

Welcome to the site. I am also a hairdresser. Just waiting to hear back from the TRA. We have a daughter almost 17, a son who will 16 on Sunday and another son aged 6. My daughter is always on msn so if yours would like to chat let me know. We are hopefully heading for Perth, I have 2 sisters there. We are going out on holiday in December. Can't wait!!!

bye for now
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

HI! New to the sit today too!!

We are looking at Brisbane, Myself,Husband & 2 children 5,7 we travelled around a bit in 1996 and loved it!
We should be hearing from the TRA in September and if all goes well will be taking our hol`s there in November time can`t wait

We`re in Sidcup,Kent What part of the UK are you from?

Sue2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.