New enthusiasm

Old Jul 23rd 2010, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Dan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really niceDan-Sharon is just really nice
Default New enthusiasm

Hi folks,

After 19 months of silence from the DIAC things seem to be moving again (have just been asked for police checks and medicals). It appears that the dream may be alive and well and nearing fruition.

My wife and I have somewhere in the region of a million questions to ask with regard to many things covered on this forum regularly but the one at the top of the list (for some reason) at the moment is:

What is the best way to go about moving money without losing too much in the exchange system?

Thanks for reading.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 2:18 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New enthusiasm

Originally Posted by Dan-Sharon
Hi folks,

After 19 months of silence from the DIAC things seem to be moving again (have just been asked for police checks and medicals). It appears that the dream may be alive and well and nearing fruition.

My wife and I have somewhere in the region of a million questions to ask with regard to many things covered on this forum regularly but the one at the top of the list (for some reason) at the moment is:

What is the best way to go about moving money without losing too much in the exchange system?

Thanks for reading.
For now, may I suggest that you type, "forex" into the search facility. I'm sure you will have quite a few answers along soon though. Just the exchange rate is a bit poor at the moment.
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan-Sharon
Hi folks,

Thanks for reading.
Depending on the amount, I'd recommend either www.ozforex.com.au or www.tranzfers.com. Ozforex deal with the larger amounts, Tranzfers will deal with as little as £50 at a time. I've been using Tranzfers for years in both directions, excellent service
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 10:17 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, I've got to move some money back to the UK - do I just log onto OzForex and place the details or do I have to phone them? Never had to go in that direction before!
Old Jul 24th 2010, 1:16 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Polly, I've got to move some money back to the UK - do I just log onto OzForex and place the details or do I have to phone them? Never had to go in that direction before!
I know my name isn't Polly...but, I think that you log in, create a new beneficiary and change the currency to the correct one in a new tranzfer and away you go.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 7:30 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.