Reload this Page >

new to coolangata / tweed - northern gold coast

new to coolangata / tweed - northern gold coast

Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

telecomkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to coolangata / tweed - northern gold coast

Hey all,

Ok so weve been on the gold coast for 3 months now and have finally settled in tweed heads, Im 32 and my better half is 22. We were very social people in the Uk and so far are finding it difficult to meet people here! There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance of our Apt as we have Coolangata on our doorstep!!!

ANYONE up for a few beers??????

Paul and Laura
Old Nov 21st 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: new to coolangata / tweed - northern gold coast

Originally Posted by telecomkid
Hey all,

Ok so weve been on the gold coast for 3 months now and have finally settled in tweed heads, Im 32 and my better half is 22. We were very social people in the Uk and so far are finding it difficult to meet people here! There are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance of our Apt as we have Coolangata on our doorstep!!!

ANYONE up for a few beers??????

Paul and Laura
Hiya, welcome to BE and to the Gold Coast!! It's gorgeous down that end, how are you guys settling in?

There is a crowd that go on the Surfers Booze up, there's one coming up soon I see!!

Cheers
Mandy
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hiya, welcome to BE and to the Gold Coast!! It's gorgeous down that end, how are you guys settling in?

There is a crowd that go on the Surfers Booze up, there's one coming up soon I see!!

Cheers
Mandy
Hi Mandy, Yeah its lovely up this way and were settling in ok!!! Just need some people to go out with n stuff as we were very sociable in the UK
Yeah we are going to try to get to the surfers do, just a shame ill have to drive!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mandy, Yeah its lovely up this way and were settling in ok!!! Just need some people to go out with n stuff as we were very sociable in the UK
Yeah we are going to try to get to the surfers do, just a shame ill have to drive!!!!
LOL yeah you'll probably need to get used to the whole designated driver thing. . .or pay for taxis. . .everything is much more spread out here!!

Good luck with everything
Mandy
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Karolina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandyp
LOL yeah you'll probably need to get used to the whole designated driver thing. . .or pay for taxis. . .everything is much more spread out here!!

Good luck with everything
Mandy
hey, we're a bit closer to you - robina. i'm 29 and the fiancee is 25, let us know if you wanna meet sometime!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Hi, always happy to meet up with new people as its uite hard here to make friends!!
Got the mother in law coming for xmas on thursday so we will prob be busy with that till new year but if you fancy coming up this way we could still meet up?
If not we can sort a meet up for the new year?
how are you guys finding it so far??

Paul and Laws
Old Dec 15th 2009, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Karolina is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, always happy to meet up with new people as its uite hard here to make friends!!
Got the mother in law coming for xmas on thursday so we will prob be busy with that till new year but if you fancy coming up this way we could still meet up?
If not we can sort a meet up for the new year?
how are you guys finding it so far??

Paul and Laws
New Year is probably best for us too - just moved house and i'm busy jobhunting so quite frantic at the mo!

we're only here on a working holiday visa but trying to make it a permanent move - more difficult than we first thought!

how are you settling in?
Old Jan 17th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Karolina
New Year is probably best for us too - just moved house and i'm busy jobhunting so quite frantic at the mo!

we're only here on a working holiday visa but trying to make it a permanent move - more difficult than we first thought!

how are you settling in?
Ok mother in law has gone back now so free anytime!!!

Yeah were finding it ok - tricky trying to get work though!!!!

ANYONE NEED A TELEPHONE ENGINEER???
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Twitchiegeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

We live in robina too, me 33 hubby 33 also, no kids...............
Old Jan 21st 2010, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Twitchiegeezer
We live in robina too, me 33 hubby 33 also, no kids...............
How long have you guys been here??

Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a coffee or a few beers!!!!

Paul n Laura
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:48 am
Just Joined

jmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant futurejmcbroom has a brilliant future

How long have you guys been here??

Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a coffee or a few beers!!!!

Paul n Laura
Hey, i'm on the goldie, Arundel, wouldn't mind comin down to coolie for a few beers, aint been there for a drink yet! Jay (28)