Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New comer in the forum!

Wikiposts

New comer in the forum!

Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile New comer in the forum!

A real novice at it all, to the site, gathering essential information about oz and how to eventually get there! We are a family with 3 kids under ten and with absolutely no idea of where to start. Husband is currently working here in the UK for a luxury boat company as an electronic/electrical engineer putting together brand new yachts which are regularly exported to oz. We have initially looked at Queensland as a good place to start because of possible opportunities to find work in a mariner along the Gold/Sunshine coast?! All leads as to where to start first or of any companies with possible future job vacancies would be gratefully received! Many thanks, PARH.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:00 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New comer in the forum!

Originally Posted by parh
A real novice at it all, to the site, gathering essential information about oz and how to eventually get there! We are a family with 3 kids under ten and with absolutely no idea of where to start. Husband is currently working here in the UK for a luxury boat company as an electronic/electrical engineer putting together brand new yachts which are regularly exported to oz. We have initially looked at Queensland as a good place to start because of possible opportunities to find work in a mariner along the Gold/Sunshine coast?! All leads as to where to start first or of any companies with possible future job vacancies would be gratefully received! Many thanks, PARH.
Hi there Parh,
Welcome to expats, I am a relative newcomer to, hubby is just applying to get his quals assessed in Oz and then on to visa hopefully. I believe getting your hubbys qualifications or experience passed with a recognised body in Australia is the first step, can't help you there as hubby is accountant so a different organisation completely, however good luck with it all there are loads of great people on the site full of fantastic info .
A
xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New comer in the forum!

Welcome Parh, Google DIMIA and everything you need will be on website. There will be better replies than this but I'm quite shit on PC
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Dear A, Thanks for your prompt reply! Just found appropriate engineering authority, will read what to do next! What area of Oz are you looking in to? PARH
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

hi welcome to BE

this lot are really friendly and helpful
just ask the questions and i`m sure you be inundated with answers

regards Steve
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:21 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear A, Thanks for your prompt reply! Just found appropriate engineering authority, will read what to do next! What area of Oz are you looking in to? PARH
Hi Parh,
We are hoping to go to Brisbane at least I think we are settled on Brisbane just now. Hubby wanted to go to Melbourne as he thought job prospects may be better. Also he has Oz friends going back home to melbourne nxt yr so would be ready made pals LOL. Hope your application goes smoothly. I joined this site last month and have had some great info already, we are not going to get an agent, are you? where you headed? bet your sleeping now!!!
A
xx
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Dear A, Looking at Brisbane initially, looks like my cup of tea, excellent climate etc. we've got the beaches in SW of England but not enough hot sun! Have had two friends migrating, one recommends the agency she used "gomatilda" the other is doing it herself. Not so confident doing it alone! PARH
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PARH, welcome to the mad house !!
Hope you find the people here as friendly and helpful as I have, post any questions you have, there willl always be someone here to help.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:19 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to BE. If my dh can help on the engineering/qualifications front, do PM me. He's a chartered engineer in the UK, electronics/sonar, and had to put a lot of time and money into getting his qualifications and professional status recognised by IE Aust when we applied for PR.

Good luck with your application.

Sue
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Parth

just to say welcome to the site....its brill..
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Welcome to Expats !! Its a fab site!! Me and my OH came to Brissy 15 months ago and Brissy is fab!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello and enjoy
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Sue, Thanks for your reply. My husband was in the navy until last summer and left shortly after gaining his engineering degree. The degree is a foundation degree and as it is a newly titled degree not many people seem to recognise it or know what it's comparable with. I've come across the Institute of Engineers,Australia and wandered if this was the place to assess the skills of this degree and his experience. Do you think I'm on the right track? and what sort of fee am I looking at, hundreds of dollars a thousand, more? Would I find it simpler to instruct an agent and get them to get the necessary paperwork? Thanks for any assistance you may be able to give.
Paula (PARH)
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou for your welcome. Can you recommend coastal towns from Brisbane and along the sunshine coast and possibly gold coast where there are mariners/boat companies etc. within a few miles as this is the sort of work my OH is looking at as he fault finds and installs electronic and elctrical equipment on yachts.Many thanks, Paula (PARH)
Old Jul 27th 2006, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

gabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud ofgabby has much to be proud of

Thankyou for your welcome. Can you recommend coastal towns from Brisbane and along the sunshine coast and possibly gold coast where there are mariners/boat companies etc. within a few miles as this is the sort of work my OH is looking at as he fault finds and installs electronic and elctrical equipment on yachts.Many thanks, Paula (PARH)

welcome welcome welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.