Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to Cleveland need to make friends

New to Cleveland need to make friends

Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

gee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the rough
Default New to Cleveland need to make friends

Hi
We moved to cleveland 8 weeks ago, we don't have children and I can' find work yet so making friends has become difficult, my husband is a bricklayer and working I'm a beauty therapist, we love go out finding new places and just having a laugh. so if anyone wants to meet up please let me thanks

Shaun & Georgie
Old Oct 6th 2009, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Cleveland need to make friends

Originally Posted by gee21builder
Hi
We moved to cleveland 8 weeks ago, we don't have children and I can' find work yet so making friends has become difficult, my husband is a bricklayer and working I'm a beauty therapist, we love go out finding new places and just having a laugh. so if anyone wants to meet up please let me thanks

Shaun & Georgie
Hi folks welcome to B Expats ,Australia and of course sunny Cleveland where all the nice people live We've also got no kids,in our 40's, been here just over 2 years and funnily enough have been known to like the odd Beer or 2 (or out else that's flowing for that manner) We're currently renting near the Rsl on Middle St where abouts are you ?
Would you care to join us this Friday over at Birkdale for an Injun Curry ? An excellent chance to meet some good friendly people believe me I'll tell what i'll do i'll book you 2 seats as i'm booking it now and you might not see this til it's too late and i'll just cancel them if you can't make it for any reason
What a service

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...501242&page=69
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:39 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

We are in Cleveland too, as Bobby says where all the nice people live . Weve been here for 5 months and it is hard to meet people when you arent working.

We have a child but if you want to meet up for coffee one morning/afternoon give me a yell. He goes to kindy 3 days a week and Mark works.

Joe xx
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:05 am
Just Joined

gee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the roughgee21builder is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bobby

Thanks for your reply. we are in the city on friday night otherwise we would have come along for the meal.....shame. But lets us know if your free sunday evening we could meet for drinks. we are just of beach street in cleveland. I'm not sure if it's you how has arranged the race day on the 24th but we would def be interested......
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:07 am
Just Joined

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply I'd love to meet for coffee any time I'm easy. I think that i can now send PM as i've done 3 post !! so I'll try and send you my number
thanks Georgie
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bobby

Thanks for your reply. we are in the city on friday night otherwise we would have come along for the meal.....shame. But lets us know if your free sunday evening we could meet for drinks. we are just of beach street in cleveland. I'm not sure if it's you how has arranged the race day on the 24th but we would def be interested......
No probs folks have a good night (don't forget to visit Union Jacks between 5:30 & 7:30 for cheap as chips drinks ) Tis me that's arranging the horses but it's just a case of turning up if you want to as it's pay on the day (about $25 each) then just meeting up inside .We're actually booked into city hotel for the Fri & Sat nights otherwise we'd have done train with you. Should be about 7 couples turning up for it so has the hallmarks of a good day ( winning exempt of course ) and then it's off to the city bars for a few sherbets hopefully at night All the info is on here for anyone interested
http://www.brc.com.au/play/racedays/...plate-raceday/
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:29 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply I'd love to meet for coffee any time I'm easy. I think that i can now send PM as i've done 3 post !! so I'll try and send you my number
thanks Georgie
Not received anything but let me know and we can meet up early next week if you like
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
No probs folks have a good night (don't forget to visit Union Jacks between 5:30 & 7:30 for cheap as chips drinks ) Tis me that's arranging the horses but it's just a case of turning up if you want to as it's pay on the day (about $25 each) then just meeting up inside .We're actually booked into city hotel for the Fri & Sat nights otherwise we'd have done train with you. Should be about 7 couples turning up for it so has the hallmarks of a good day ( winning exempt of course ) and then it's off to the city bars for a few sherbets hopefully at night All the info is on here for anyone interested
http://www.brc.com.au/play/racedays/...plate-raceday/
How you doin hope you don,t mind me asking what hotel do you use in the city ,we are in Capalaba and by the time we get a taxi we are just as well booking a room , we have been here 1yr 6mths me a trucky wife a nurse thank,s in advance Frank
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gormac
How you doin hope you don,t mind me asking what hotel do you use in the city ,we are in Capalaba and by the time we get a taxi we are just as well booking a room , we have been here 1yr 6mths me a trucky wife a nurse thank,s in advance Frank
Hi Frank ,know where you're coming from mate regarding taxis and $70 Tis a bit better for us though fortunately as we do have the train til about 12:45 am from the city if need be and a 20 min stagger homeDepends really mate on what offers are going at the time as to which hotel we use .Best i can do is recommend these websites but as you've been here for that long you'll probably know them anyway

http://www.quickbeds.com/
www.wotif.com
You can also sign up to http://au.travelzoo.com/ and receive a weekly email with the best offers they can find (but it's all over the world and not just oz)

If it's just basic we have used this before at the Valley Clean but basic as i say,and relatively cheap
http://www.snoozeinn.com.au/

There is also an all night bus from Brisbane but we've never used it though
http://download.translink.com.au/tim...5_250,N250.pdf

By the way this time we're staying in Novotel
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

Thank,s a lot Bobby not been online for a wee while i,ll check that out i was watching your team hump Liverpool this morning great stuff Thank,s again Frank
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gormac
Thank,s a lot Bobby not been online for a wee while i,ll check that out i was watching your team hump Liverpool this morning great stuff Thank,s again Frank
No probs mate What a classic goal as well
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
No probs mate What a classic goal as well
I reckon that young boy will be the most umpopular boy in Liverpool for a while!! I wouildn't want to be him in the school playground today!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Oct 19th 2009, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rudi
I reckon that young boy will be the most umpopular boy in Liverpool for a while!! I wouildn't want to be him in the school playground today!!!

Love

Rudi
x
Agghhhhh the joys of being famous