new car! or 5 year old car?

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

man777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new car! or 5 year old car?

any views?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice
Default Re: new car! or 5 year old car?

get a 5 year old car, you get stiffed as soon as you drive your new toy out of the showroom
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by man777
any views?
New if you can afford...... 5 year old if you can't. Which one makes more economic sense? When it comes to cars, its more about passion than economics I guess. Why not everyone in the world drive a 5 year old Hyundai Getz?
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caliburn
New if you can afford...... 5 year old if you can't. Which one makes more economic sense? When it comes to cars, its more about passion than economics I guess. Why not everyone in the world drive a 5 year old Hyundai Getz?
That's right Caliburn and thanks for your message. I do feel new is more economical in terms of R/M but just thinking if there can be good cars within 25-30k. 5 dr/family.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by man777
That's right Caliburn and thanks for your message. I do feel new is more economical in terms of R/M but just thinking if there can be good cars within 25-30k. 5 dr/family.
I'm thinking about a 2008 Toyota Kluger circu 70k odo from www.pickles.com.au for $27,000. You have a high enough budget for a very decent vehicle. However, when it comes to new cars with all options, this budget is adequate for a compact but borderline for medium-sized.

Today, 6 people died in a car accident in NSW. Given the pathetic driving standards in Oz, I will make sure that I buy a decent sized vehicle with 6 airbags and it better not be too old.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caliburn
I'm thinking about a 2008 Toyota Kluger circu 70k odo from www.pickles.com.au for $27,000. You have a high enough budget for a very decent vehicle. However, when it comes to new cars with all options, this budget is adequate for a compact but borderline for medium-sized.

Today, 6 people died in a car accident in NSW. Given the pathetic driving standards in Oz, I will make sure that I buy a decent sized vehicle with 6 airbags and it better not be too old.
seems important for safety, any idea about novated car lease, how it works, do you pay monthly figure say 1000, for 4 years = 48000, and taxable salary is after this figure is deducted from gross salary after LAFHA.., it looks like if you pay 1000 per month for novated lease you end up saving almost half as tax liability is less.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

you do save a bit more with a novated lease, but the APR payments are slightly higher, and you have to make sure you do the kms for the tax bracket you have said.