Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New build house - What was the final cost?

New build house - What was the final cost?

Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:12 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default New build house - What was the final cost?

Hi
Just want to know what the final build cost was for your new build houses, including all your add ons, options, etc, etc. We are looking for about 235m2 single story house in Sunshine Coast area. I know the initial costs are always below what the final cost is and want to know what your final costs were, excluding the land costs.
Thanks
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: New build house - What was the final cost?

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
Hi
Just want to know what the final build cost was for your new build houses, including all your add ons, options, etc, etc. We are looking for about 235m2 single story house in Sunshine Coast area. I know the initial costs are always below what the final cost is and want to know what your final costs were, excluding the land costs.
Thanks
I'm not lucky enough to be at this stage, but this might be worth a look:

http://www.barryjoneshomes.com.au/

We was looking at building in Coomera on The Gold Coast but heard he gets about! ...
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:02 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Our contract price was $196000 and we ended up paying $194000
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks

If your talking about how much up from the display home price (cough cough yeah right ) even most of them say allow 30% over for the the house to be finished. For a start once your soil test is done they adjust for foundations that could be $1000 extra it could be $30,000 extra. A lot more goes on gardens, fencing, turf, drive, blinds, tiling, carpets etc.............

Big changes coming out in march 2006, all new regs regarding insulation, tanks, windows, energy output, solar water, they will even be able to dictate what light fittings you can use. Basically the cost worked out by the master builders on a 124sm house was a $9000 increase so most houses would be double that if it all goes through. Land prices are expected to rise between $14,000 and $25,000 in future releases due to new development and headwork costs. If anybodies building get price locked in ASAP and you could save yourself about $40,000.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 9:20 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Thanks

hi.....

If you look for a post called Boomie Pad.... there is an attachment of our house we are going to have build.....

I have sent you a PM regarding our costs.....

regards..

boomie
xx
Old Oct 11th 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paul2004
I'm not lucky enough to be at this stage, but this might be worth a look:

http://www.barryjoneshomes.com.au/

We was looking at building in Coomera on The Gold Coast but heard he gets about! ...
Paul ,our builder lives at coomera and i would use him again tomorrow,completed a 550sq house in 14 weeks would have completed it earlier if the tiler that id arranged hadnt let him down.Liberty homes.PM me if anyone wants anymore info.
donna
Old Oct 12th 2005, 3:52 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donna
Paul ,our builder lives at coomera and i would use him again tomorrow,completed a 550sq house in 14 weeks would have completed it earlier if the tiler that id arranged hadnt let him down.Liberty homes.PM me if anyone wants anymore info.
donna
Hi Donna, thanks for that. I'm what seems a million miles from getting there at the mo (UK house to sell ... ) but we'll be looking into getting something built as soon as possible really.

Do you have a link for a website by chance?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:44 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just had a house built down in Port Kennedy (House and Land $215) and still paying for the finishing touches. Having said that by the time we have finished we would have spent an additional $55,000

That is adding extras like the purchase cost and interest on the loan while the place is being buildt, wooden floors, carpet, light fittings, blinds, aircon, security system, fencing, landscaping etc.....

It is scary how much extra all these things cost

Oh and if we where to do it all again tomorrow the house and land would cost us an additional $80,000 just in the increase in land and construction cost since the end of last year.

Want more info just ask

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Oct 12th 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Ozceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=jad n rich]
Big changes coming out in march 2006, all new regs regarding insulation, tanks, windows, energy output, solar water, they will even be able to dictate what light fittings you can use.QUOTE]

Hi and thank you for posting this information. Do you have any more in depth info on this topic or can you provide a link to an official gov website that would clue me up on it?
We will be signing our contract within the next few months but it may drag on beyond march next year....Fingers crossed we will have a slab down by then but who knows?
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We are 8 wks off being completed. Original cost for house:$195,000, additions to house (nothing fancy, just "real" front doors and not waferey ones, decent door handles, window sills, y'know, the "normal" stuff) :$18,000. Total:$213,000

Land cost:$125,000 (one year ago)

Add in a pool:$22,000, A/C:$8000, paving and decking:$3000, landscaping:$5000, extra tiling:$1000, blinds:$4500(Yes!), fencing:$3000, post box:$150, washing line:$150, TV aerial:$300 and grand total to move in of:

$385,600

The "extra's", IMO have cost us $43,400, (excluding the pool) not $18,000. Robbing sods.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We are 8 wks off being completed. Original cost for house:$195,000, additions to house (nothing fancy, just "real" front doors and not waferey ones, decent door handles, window sills, y'know, the "normal" stuff) :$18,000. Total:$213,000

Land cost:$125,000 (one year ago)

Add in a pool:$22,000, A/C:$8000, paving and decking:$3000, landscaping:$5000, extra tiling:$1000, blinds:$4500(Yes!), fencing:$3000, post box:$150, washing line:$150, TV aerial:$300 and grand total to move in of:

$385,600

The "extra's", IMO have cost us $43,400, (excluding the pool) not $18,000. Robbing sods.
ffs its expensive up there then...i want a pool lol
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
ffs its expensive up there then...i want a pool lol
Too right it's expensive up here...something to do with it all having to be 'transported" up here and tradesmen up here being at a 'shortage'...MY ARSE.Just another $$$ maker. Not that we're bitter or anything. Pool is a deffo neccessity up here, no way a luxury.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Too right it's expensive up here...something to do with it all having to be 'transported" up here and tradesmen up here being at a 'shortage'...MY ARSE.Just another $$$ maker. Not that we're bitter or anything. Pool is a deffo neccessity up here, no way a luxury.
i know what ya mean...the further north ye go the more expensive....we paid a lot more to build than would have done further south...................and omg would we kill for a pool.....goin to Mackay on holiday soon and have a pool so it might swing hubby round lol