Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New in Brisbane- fancy a drink?

New in Brisbane- fancy a drink?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough
Default New in Brisbane- fancy a drink?

Hi, my name is Naomi, and i arrived in Brisbane on Saturday. I'm settling in ok, [despite the cloudy weather!] and am enjoying looking around the city.

However i was wondering if there were any other ex-pats around who fancied going out for drinks or coffee and a chat?

I'm 24, and here on my own but would love to chat to anyone who's about.

Thanks guys,

Naomi xxx
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:07 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New in Brisbane- fancy a drink?

Hi Naomi

Where are you staying / living in Brisbane? Are you working yet?

I live in New Farm with my OH, and work in the city.

Cloudy weather is good - it's bringing some rain!
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chels
Hi Naomi

Where are you staying / living in Brisbane? Are you working yet?

I live in New Farm with my OH, and work in the city.

Cloudy weather is good - it's bringing some rain!
Hi! I'm living in Morningside. It's lovely here and feels very safe, but i have to walk to the train station to get the the city and work which takes about 15 mins- not too bad at all.

Where abouts do you work in the city? You could PM me or email if you prefer- [email protected].

Naomi xxx
Old Dec 1st 2007, 7:33 am
Just Joined

air_man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Naomi,

Welcome, I hope you are finding your feet! it takes time but will be worth it in the end!!

I moved here a few years ago but settled in brisbane this year. I live in Moorooka and work in the city. I would love to catch up for coffee. Are you working this week. Let me know if you are and we can meet up at lunch or something.

If you fancy it my email is [email protected]

Have a lovely weekend

Anouska
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:22 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Hi Naomi,

I'm 20 and living in Sunnybank, working on Mt Gravatt (so Southside --- South/East), but always running into the city to meet up with people.

Looking for a good excuse to escape the house and meet new people, and for some advice (as I'm heading back to the UK next year and have no idea what to expect!) so give me a buzz if you'd like to meet up for a chat (or have already organised a huge night and need an extra member ).

Glad you're enjoying Morningside, watch out for the sandflies further towards the bay!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
Hi Naomi,

I'm 20 and living in Sunnybank, working on Mt Gravatt (so Southside --- South/East), but always running into the city to meet up with people.

Looking for a good excuse to escape the house and meet new people, and for some advice (as I'm heading back to the UK next year and have no idea what to expect!) so give me a buzz if you'd like to meet up for a chat (or have already organised a huge night and need an extra member ).

Glad you're enjoying Morningside, watch out for the sandflies further towards the bay!
Hey, sounds good! Email me [email protected] and we will sort something out.

Naomi xxx
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

adamkav will become famous soon enough

hey everyone.

i'm heading down to brisbane in february time. going to be working in enoggera as transferring to aussie army. they are helping with housing, etc - but i'd be chuffed to catch up with people and find out what their experiences of the place are. rugby and sailing clubs to join, etc. a lot of the posts on BE seem to be a bit on the negative side! if this is the wrong place for this - my apologies - but a steer in the right direction would be great!

Cheers

A
Old Dec 5th 2007, 10:27 pm
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by adamkav
hey everyone.

i'm heading down to brisbane in february time. going to be working in enoggera as transferring to aussie army. they are helping with housing, etc - but i'd be chuffed to catch up with people and find out what their experiences of the place are. rugby and sailing clubs to join, etc. a lot of the posts on BE seem to be a bit on the negative side! if this is the wrong place for this - my apologies - but a steer in the right direction would be great!

Cheers

A
Hey dude,

check out www.ourbrisbane.com and Brisbane City Life (you'll have to search on Google). Those are good places to start

Rugby clubs are everywhere, Sailing clubs you'd need to look bayside (redcliffe or Cleveland - redcliffe is much closer to enoggera!). Hamilton good have one, but be prepared for all the posh people

Naomi, I'll drop you a line when I get home tonight - need to figure out my schedule!
Old Dec 6th 2007, 9:42 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotel44
Hi! I'm living in Morningside. It's lovely here and feels very safe, but i have to walk to the train station to get the the city and work which takes about 15 mins- not too bad at all.

Where abouts do you work in the city? You could PM me or email if you prefer- [email protected].

Naomi xxx
Hi Naomi

I work near Central Station (but it looks like I'll be working down on the Gold Coast next year, which is scary!).

I'll drop you an email and try and arrange something for next week.

chels
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Betty Boop82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: New in Brisbane- fancy a drink?

Originally Posted by hotel44
Hi, my name is Naomi, and i arrived in Brisbane on Saturday. I'm settling in ok, [despite the cloudy weather!] and am enjoying looking around the city.

However i was wondering if there were any other ex-pats around who fancied going out for drinks or coffee and a chat?

I'm 24, and here on my own but would love to chat to anyone who's about.

Thanks guys,

Naomi xxx
Hi,

I know you posted this msg on here a while ago now, but I've just got myself sorted on this site and thought I would send a msg to you incase you were still looking for friends?

Hope you're settling in well so far?

My name's Becky and I'm 25. Myself and my husband moved here in September 07 and we are living Northside in Strathpine (About 30mins North of the City). We haven't managed to get permanent jobs yet, so we haven't been able to meet many people really.
I'm desperate for some girly time and a good girls night out after not having one since before I left England - 4 months ago!!!!

If you're interested and know of anyone else that might be too, let me know.

Cheers,

Becky.