New to Brisbane

Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Debs1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Brisbane

Hi everyone, me and my fella moved over from Preston, Lancs 4 weeks ago. After spending 2 weeks on the Gold Coast with friends we've now got our own place in Coorparoo. Feeling a bit isolated a the moment as Andy started work the week after we landed and i'm struggling to get a job due to lack of experience with oz accounts systems. We're both 33, we've no kids, enjoy our social life and are football fanatics. Looking forward to meeting up with people.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:07 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New to Brisbane

Hi

There are some meets organised in Brissy. They are entitled Mummys meets but you are more than welcome to come along if you fancy some adult conversation as that is why we mums get together and we are not working so meet mid week.

There is a day out at the cricket on the 22nd nov for the OH's of the mums which is a kid free day out for the guys if your partner fancys going sign up as it will involve drinking

On the 6th Dec the mums are having a night out so we will be letting our hair down as we will be kid free. Dont worry we dont talk kids the whole time we do remember life before kids.

If you just fancy a coffee mid week pm me and we could meet up wed/thurs are best with me as I only have my newborn with me my daughter is at nursery.

Jo
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debs1888
Hi everyone, me and my fella moved over from Preston, Lancs 4 weeks ago. After spending 2 weeks on the Gold Coast with friends we've now got our own place in Coorparoo. Feeling a bit isolated a the moment as Andy started work the week after we landed and i'm struggling to get a job due to lack of experience with oz accounts systems. We're both 33, we've no kids, enjoy our social life and are football fanatics. Looking forward to meeting up with people.
For the footy you'll not go far wrong by going to the Pig n Whistle at Eagle street pier in the city .We might even see you there As for other going on's

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...03#post6913903

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...503082&page=19

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501242

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567006

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=cricket

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=cricket

Pop along to any of these and you'll be made very welcome indeed ,i can assure you of that
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:55 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Hey Debs

Welcome welcome. You will find yourself taken care of here!

I have sent you a PM - I live down the road from you and am happy to share my 5 months of new starter knowledge!

Good luck with the job hunting.

Chanelle
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by joh117
Hi

There are some meets organised in Brissy. They are entitled Mummys meets but you are more than welcome to come along if you fancy some adult conversation as that is why we mums get together and we are not working so meet mid week.

There is a day out at the cricket on the 22nd nov for the OH's of the mums which is a kid free day out for the guys if your partner fancys going sign up as it will involve drinking

On the 6th Dec the mums are having a night out so we will be letting our hair down as we will be kid free. Dont worry we dont talk kids the whole time we do remember life before kids.

If you just fancy a coffee mid week pm me and we could meet up wed/thurs are best with me as I only have my newborn with me my daughter is at nursery.

Jo
My OH quite likes the sound of the cricket. We both went yesterday and had a good day, it's something we used to do back in the UK.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks Chanelle, just trying to find my my round this site!!! lol
i'll reply to your pm