Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Beach front land in Perth

New Beach front land in Perth

Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:32 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Beach front land in Perth

Roll up for a bit of Utopia nice spot and cheap ?

UP TO 1000 people will be able to buy prime real estate opposite Leighton Beach under a development plan revealed by the State Government yesterday.

Planning Minister Alannah MacTiernan said 4ha of the 17ha Leighton marshalling yards site would be developed under the plan, which is expected to raise $12 million.

The development will be set back 150m from vegetation close to the beach.

But property experts speculated yesterday that the smallest unit, of about 60sq m in size, would still sell for $350,000 to $400,000 because the land was prime beachfront real estate.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030604/n...sto100326.html

Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:42 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Beach front land in Perth

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Roll up for a bit of Utopia nice spot and cheap ?

UP TO 1000 people will be able to buy prime real estate opposite Leighton Beach under a development plan revealed by the State Government yesterday.

Planning Minister Alannah MacTiernan said 4ha of the 17ha Leighton marshalling yards site would be developed under the plan, which is expected to raise $12 million.

The development will be set back 150m from vegetation close to the beach.

But property experts speculated yesterday that the smallest unit, of about 60sq m in size, would still sell for $350,000 to $400,000 because the land was prime beachfront real estate.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030604/n...sto100326.html

There are plenty of salt lakes in WA. Developing the lake shore land around them will make sea side land obsolete so I wouldn't count on the units you refer to being worth much after they are driven out the showroom door.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
There are plenty of salt lakes in WA. Developing the lake shore land around them will make sea side land obsolete so I wouldn't count on the units you refer to being worth much after they are driven out the showroom door.
Very the in topic in WA , farmers now paying the price for over use of water .
This could be a very easy way to make a bob or two , too expensive to buy beach side ,so make a beach front , very wise.

Old Oct 19th 2003, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

SentApril2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Is there anywhere in Australia where you can buy relatively inexpensive beachfront land?
Old Oct 19th 2003, 10:39 pm
owieb

Originally posted by SentApril2002
Is there anywhere in Australia where you can buy relatively inexpensive beachfront land?
Depends what you class as inexpensive?

Old Oct 19th 2003, 10:45 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Yes. But it's all well away from the cities.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:02 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Want to try your hand at an aquaculture business?
Arno Bay?

A beach shack for ~$100K?
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I hoped PB was back. Hopes dashed.
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:12 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
I hoped PB was back. Hopes dashed.
nope...last seen in iraq with hevs, hup, boo boo, osama bin liner, sadam a camel and a sheep........aparently
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:19 pm
dazuk

Same as bondi, saw PBs name and thought the forum would come back 2 life.

Oh well, back to questions about white cars, weather and BBQs!!

ho hum i smell the blood of a dreaming englishman

Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by dazuk
Same as bondi, saw PBs name and thought the forum would come back 2 life.

Oh well, back to questions about white cars, weather and BBQs!!

ho hum i smell the blood of a dreaming englishman
Dont forget period pains and pathetic child custody games!!. I must wonder what any of them have to do with the living in OZ forum???
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by owieb
Depends what you class as inexpensive?
I guess anywhere from $0 - $60,000 for a vacant, beachfront lot.... I don't mind so much that it would be away from major cities... Where is a good starting point to look for such a property?
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:36 pm
owieb

I guess anywhere from $0 - $60,000 for a vacant, beachfront lot.... I don't mind so much that it would be away from major cities... Where is a good starting point to look for such a property?
The moon!

I think in WA you could pick something up in Geraldton which is about 4.5 hours from Perth.

I don't think you'd pick anything else up close to Perth for that price, certainly not beach front.

Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:43 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I know we like big dreamers out here, but really...!
Old Oct 19th 2003, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by downunderpom
I know we like big dreamers out here, but really...!
I know, but one can hope.... In the meantime, anyone know any good real estate agents on the moon?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.