Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Arrivial to NSW

New Arrivial to NSW

Old Dec 4th 2014, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough
Default New Arrivial to NSW

if you have PR, please make sure you get all kids under 18 the free dental care they are entitled to !!!!

it is not means tested!
Old Dec 4th 2014, 7:05 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Arrivial to NSW

What is this free dental care of which you speak ? I thought we had to be receiving Family Tax Benefit A or B to be eligible for any assistance, which is means tested.

We have had to pay for all Dental care for our 12 year old, luckily with help from Health Insurance.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spuddyo
What is this free dental care of which you speak ? I thought we had to be receiving Family Tax Benefit A or B to be eligible for any assistance, which is means tested.

We have had to pay for all Dental care for our 12 year old, luckily with help from Health Insurance.
no call the local health centre all children under 18 are entitled to free dental care it is not means tested at all, and you dont need family tax benefits a or b !

call Sydney Dental hospital they will give the details of your local health centre!!!
Old Dec 11th 2014, 2:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
no call the local health centre all children under 18 are entitled to free dental care it is not means tested at all, and you dont need family tax benefits a or b !

call Sydney Dental hospital they will give the details of your local health centre!!!
Not wishing to doubt you but the only link I can find is
Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Financial support for basic dental services for children aged 2–17.
children aged between 2 –17 years on any one day of the calendar year
receive, or their family, guardian or carer receives, certain government benefits such as Family Tax Benefit Part A for at least part of the calendar year
are eligible for Medicare

Costs for dental care have often been discussed on here so if you are correct that would be great. Do you have a link at all or just the phone info?
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:14 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that free dental for kids is available at a limited number of surgeries/hospitals which are run by the government. I tried to find a list of the surgeries, but the NSW Government don't seem to have them available on the internet. Your local dental surgery probably are not enrolled and may only follow the Child Dental Benefits schedule, at their own discretion.

I took my 12 year old for a check up on Monday this week, and had to pay for everything, including cleaning and Xrays as we don't claim Family Tax Benefit A or B. Sadly the Xrays showed that we are up for about $8k worth of work in 2015, no assistance available other than Health Insurance.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:38 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that free dental for kids is available at a limited number of surgeries/hospitals which are run by the government. I tried to find a list of the surgeries, but the NSW Government don't seem to have them available on the internet. Your local dental surgery probably are not enrolled and may only follow the Child Dental Benefits schedule, at their own discretion.

I took my 12 year old for a check up on Monday this week, and had to pay for everything, including cleaning and Xrays as we don't claim Family Tax Benefit A or B. Sadly the Xrays showed that we are up for about $8k worth of work in 2015, no assistance available other than Health Insurance.
I feel your pain - my son needs braces
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mines daughter tripped and fell on the trampoline.She has had to have serious dental work.So far it tally's at $15,000.
Old Dec 13th 2014, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
A friend of mines daughter tripped and fell on the trampoline.She has had to have serious dental work.So far it tally's at $15,000.
Ouch! don't they have health insurance? It won't cover much but any relief from that bill is better than nothing.

DD has to have braces in the new year- we have to pay for Oh's $10k dental work first. (He's getting two new front teeth for Christmas, the penultimate crowns in a list of 5.)
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

in NSW the public dental health clinic the number for the Sydney SW area health service is 1300 55 93 93 (also search the public oral health service) the above number is a central number as said it is not means tested etc and dental care is free for kins under 18 no waiting list, also it is free for adults if you are eligible for a low workers health card I am entitled to it due to going to University in Jan and not having an income so I will make the most of it whilst I can
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Ouch! don't they have health insurance? It won't cover much but any relief from that bill is better than nothing.

DD has to have braces in the new year- we have to pay for Oh's $10k dental work first. (He's getting two new front teeth for Christmas, the penultimate crowns in a list of 5.)
wow 10k, I would take a holiday back to the UK and get it done on NHS and have a holiday whilst there lol
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

wow 10k, I would take a holiday back to the UK and get it done on NHS and have a holiday whilst there lol
Visitors to the UK would not be entitled to NHS dental - even expats.

If faced with a possible $10k bill though, I'd have been looking at Thailand or Malaysia - both seem to get good reviews for dentists and I need a holiday
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

I have been living here for 2 years I went back and was entitled to it however I still pay NI contributions. Im not a citizen and never will be we will go home in about 10 to 15 years was always an adventure not permanent
Old Dec 18th 2014, 7:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have been living here for 2 years I went back and was entitled to it however I still pay NI contributions. Im not a citizen and never will be we will go home in about 10 to 15 years was always an adventure not permanent
Still paying NI has nothing to do with it, nor has the fact that you aren't an Aus citizen. Its to do with where you actually live.
If you aren't a current UK resident then you should be asked to pay. Many surgeries, hospitals etc don't ask and so a lot of epats get way without paying, but strictly speaking you are not entitled to NHS unless you move back to settle in the UK.
Numerous discussions on the subject in the UK forum with references to back this up, and the reason behind it is that the UK wants to stop 'medical tourism' -people going there just for NHS treatment.
Old Dec 19th 2014, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

I still have my house in UK I still pay council tax etc. so I pay into both systems!
Old Dec 19th 2014, 12:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I still have my house in UK I still pay council tax etc. so I pay into both systems!
It's not about where and what you pay into, it's about where you are resident. The NHS is for UK residents.

Edit - rest deleted, not necessary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.