Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Arrival - Temp Internet Access / Cell Phones

New Arrival - Temp Internet Access / Cell Phones

Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:12 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default New Arrival - Temp Internet Access / Cell Phones

Hi, so I've got a rental lined up but for two weeks. How do I aquire internet access from this residence for such a short period without having to sign lengthy contracts ?

Also, any advice on best pre-paid cell phone plans ?

Many thanks

Jason.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Arrival - Temp Internet Access / Cell Phones

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Hi, so I've got a rental lined up but for two weeks. How do I aquire internet access from this residence for such a short period without having to sign lengthy contracts ?

Many thanks

Jason.
just go and buy a dial up package from one of the many mobile shops and you'll be online immediately
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:38 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

dial up, eh?
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:41 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Jason.
For that amount of time I really wouldnt bother - if you've got a library close by you can head there to get free internet access.

Theres not much between the mobile companies here. I'm with Optus now but was with Vodafone when we first came out. Vodafone have good Cap deals and you can use that credit to text the UK (they probably all do this to be honest).

Good luck in your new life!
Old Jan 13th 2007, 2:16 am
True Blue

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
For that amount of time I really wouldnt bother - if you've got a library close by you can head there to get free internet access.

Theres not much between the mobile companies here. I'm with Optus now but was with Vodafone when we first came out. Vodafone have good Cap deals and you can use that credit to text the UK (they probably all do this to be honest).

Good luck in your new life!
Many thanks Mrs J. I found bigpond also do wireless access, maybe thats on option for me and my laptop.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

steve_m is on a distinguished road

Hi'a. I had the same dilemma when I arrived and found that the Bigpond wireless was a good solution. Its a little pricey but it gives you the flexibility to take it wherever you move on to. You have to be a little careful about the download limit because it can get very expensive if you exceed you agreed limit; ok unless you're downloading music/movies etc.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:19 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks

Jason.
Hello...where did you end up??

All I can suggest with cell phones is don't go with Vodafone if you are to travel extensively.

Cas