Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new arrival in Perth.

new arrival in Perth.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:56 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new arrival in Perth.

Originally Posted by astone
hi paul&lynn
renting with a dog is very difficult. We had to leave Merlin in kennels for an extra month while we looked for somewhere to rent. I suggest you register with as many realestate agent telling them your situation and keep looking onthe internet daily. We got ours because i looked everyday first thing and got this one before they had an open house.I thinkwe were pretty high risk anyway because we only wanted to rent for 6 months,a dog and 3 teenage sons, would you want to rent us a house???!!!!!!!
Where abouts is your house your renting initially? Have you been to Perth before? Sorry loads of questions just interested and if we can help out at all we are more than willing being new comers ourselves.
anyway ranted on enough
astone

astone,

Have sent you PM about today's coffee. Just making sure that you've received it.

Siren
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul&lynn
Hi Astone,

We are arriving in Perth 9th April with our boxer dog. We have a house to rent whilst our dog is in quarantine but nothing after that. Any tips on finding somewhere decent to rent with a dog?
We had to put a bond down to rent with our cat; I think it was $100 or $200... all a bit of a blur now. Basically you have to write off all the modern lovely properties, so get in quick with the agents. I know someone who got a good property by offering to pay 6 months rent in advance; it might work, but certainly don't announce it to anyone else when looking around!
We put our cat into kennels for a few days; there are quite a few near Byford and they are pretty good compared to the UK.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:34 am
Just Joined

astone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siren
astone,

Have sent you PM about today's coffee. Just making sure that you've received it.

Siren
Yes thanks got the message will ring you. Still cant work out how to send a pm on this site, thick or what???!!!
astone
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by astone
Yes thanks got the message will ring you. Still cant work out how to send a pm on this site, thick or what???!!!
astone
It takes a while to get used to... just like immigrating

I've been here for 2 years in a fortnights time, but only on my spouse visa for 6 months. Its taken me about 5.5months to feel happy here. I do now, no longer feel the guilt everyday that was tearing me apart for leaving my family, and my best friend when she needed me most (her and husband split very suddenly two days after I got here.) It does get better, I'm not sure there's a way to make that time come quicker, but I'm sure the Perth Ladies will be able to help out... sounds like they have a riot