New to this!

Old Feb 6th 2011, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

bushy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to this!

Hi everyone,
My wife and I have just started the whole process of applying for a 175 visa. Im a wall and floor tiler hoping to go to Perth. We have two toddlers and are from Surrey. Just wondered if anyone has any hints or tips? Cheers Duncan
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:08 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this!

Welcome to the forum

You will find a lot of information by scanning threads, and people are only too happy to put you on a path to getting the info anyway. Just ask.

Having said that, do take the trouble to cross check it if it's on an important matter - there are a lot of answers that bear only a passing resemblance to the truth, and some pretty odd notions about things such as taxation etc!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 1:01 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bushy01
Hi everyone,
My wife and I have just started the whole process of applying for a 175 visa. Im a wall and floor tiler hoping to go to Perth. We have two toddlers and are from Surrey. Just wondered if anyone has any hints or tips? Cheers Duncan

Hi Duncan and welcome,

We have loads of hints and tips on this forum but you might want to be a bit more specific.

Are you looking for hints and tips about the immigration process? the visa application process? Life in Perth? jobs in Perth? Social activities? Child care? Cars? Houses? .........?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:25 am
Just Joined

bushy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We were looking for tips on all aspects of living and working in Perth really! I'm most worried about the job aspects over in Perth as I am the main earner as my wife is looking after our 2 kids!

Thank you!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We were looking for tips on all aspects of living and working in Perth really! I'm most worried about the job aspects over in Perth as I am the main earner as my wife is looking after our 2 kids!

Thank you!
Bear in mind that Australia is f****g expensive and your wife may have to get a job.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:17 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thank you!

OK, I guess the next question is do you want to be self employed or work for a tiling company?

SEEK, Jobseeker and Gumtree are probably the best sites to start looking for tiling jobs if you want to work for a company.

WA currently has an unemployment rate 4.4% which is the lowest of all the states, but I'm not sure how the various trades are individually within that.

However Perth and WA in general are going through a boom period with lots of building and construction, so you shouldn't have too many problems picking up work as long as you're not too fussy to begin with - need to get the foot in the door before you can become fussy

One point to note is that you will need to have your bluecard/whitecard but thats easy enough to get - you can even do the course online with Aveling

I have no idea of what the wages / rates are cos all the tilers we use for the camp accomodations are employed through the transportables manufacturers, who work lumpsum.

Maybe someone who is a tiler could give more specific wages info.