New to this!

Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Ditzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura about
Default New to this!

Hi

Like most people I've been reading all the posts for a while now and have only just plucked up the courage to join and actually write! :scared:

I recently got married and my husband and I went to Australia for our honeymoon as we have discussed moving out there at some time and thought it would be a good idea to see if we liked the country first!

We loved it, but being practical, we are unable to move out for a few years, so have time to save and look into all the details properly!

We will definitely move out there in the future but its not the right time just now.

It's great to hear all the ups and downs everyone else is going through!

Ditzie
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:33 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to this!

Originally Posted by Ditzie
Hi

Like most people I've been reading all the posts for a while now and have only just plucked up the courage to join and actually write! :scared:

I recently got married and my husband and I went to Australia for our honeymoon as we have discussed moving out there at some time and thought it would be a good idea to see if we liked the country first!

We loved it, but being practical, we are unable to move out for a few years, so have time to save and look into all the details properly!

We will definitely move out there in the future but its not the right time just now.

It's great to hear all the ups and downs everyone else is going through!

Ditzie
Good luck for the future !
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Ditzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura aboutDitzie has a spectacular aura about

Thank you! Reading all the other experiences, I would so love to move out now! (Maybe another holiday is called for!!!)
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:37 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Reading all the other experiences, I would so love to move out now! (Maybe another holiday is called for!!!)
You can never have enough holidays !
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

I know this is a bit of a "wide" question, but roughly, how long does it take from start to the time you arrive in Oz? I know it will differ for everyone, but would like a "rough" idea!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

I know this is a bit of a "wide" question, but roughly, how long does it take from start to the time you arrive in Oz? I know it will differ for everyone, but would like a "rough" idea!
Depending if your occupation is MODL or not makes a difference. Ours is going to be 2.5 years start to finish, but we wanted it that way. I have seen people on here doing it in 9 months !

We are off in November, cant wait !
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is going to be about 2.5 years too - but that is because we got moved to the US in the middle of it all and the contract here won't finish until next year. All being well we expect to get our visas by the end of the year in which case it will have taken us 2 years. It's taken a lot longer than we originally anticipated, we first thought it would take about a year.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:14 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Originally Posted by suzimc
Ours is going to be about 2.5 years too - but that is because we got moved to the US in the middle of it all and the contract here won't finish until next year. All being well we expect to get our visas by the end of the year in which case it will have taken us 2 years. It's taken a lot longer than we originally anticipated, we first thought it would take about a year.
Ours was about 2.5 years too, although i was lazy at the start so i could have shaved off the .5 !!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this. For some reason I thought it took longer! Gives me time to do lots of homework!

We loved the areas around Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach (husband loves surfing as was brought up in Durban!)

Thanks again!