Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Never mind Cost of Living, how about Cost of Dieing

Never mind Cost of Living, how about Cost of Dieing

Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Never mind Cost of Living, how about Cost of Dieing

Average funeral costs:

UK: 1,650 quid - http://www.funeralsearch.co.uk/fdatowns/annan.php
Aus: $7000 - :scared: http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/...?oneclick=true
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:13 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Never mind Cost of Living, how about Cost of Dieing

Move to Tasmania

Graham Family Funerals
How much will a funeral cost?

Of course, this depends on the type of funeral you request.
However, it would be fair to say that the average price is around $3,800. Payment can be made in a lump sum or by way of an instalment plan.
What happens if you default on the instalments ?

Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

. Just another bloody rip off.
I also think that the uk estimate is pretty low. It cost me £1800 for my husbands funeral and that wasn't even for the more expensive items, only 1 car etc. on the advice of the funeral director.

If he hadn't been so kind I dread to think what it would have cost.

When you lose a loved one it's natural to want the best of everything for them and it annoys me that people are often taken advantage of.

But $7000 :scared: that's taking the p**s, what do you get for that?

Tracey
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:27 am
ABCDiamond

This one, in SA & VIC http://www.sensiblefunerals.com.au quotes:

We have a fixed cost for all cremation services, wherever they are held. That cost is $2,950

This includes:

1.The transfer of the deceased to our premises, day or night
2. Storage
3. Supply of casket
4. Payment to Crematorium
5. All Doctors certificates, Permits and copies
6. A celebrant to conduct the service
7. Flowers and a Press Notice
8. Attendants at the funeral

Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

What a morbid topic
certainly something that you need to think about though i suppose :scared:

Tracey
Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tracey.d
What a morbid topic
certainly something that you need to think about though i suppose :scared:

Tracey
Unfortunately yes, especially when you are getting on a bit like me
I was just playing football with my daughter earlier, and thought I was going to have a heart attack !!

Now I'm looking for a decent inexpensive funeral service in QLD !!!

Gotta smile though...

Old Jul 21st 2005, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Unfortunately yes, especially when you are getting on a bit like me
I was just playing football with my daughter earlier, and thought I was going to have a heart attack !!

Gotta smile though...
. At least you managed a game of footie. I'm that knackered I can't even manage that .

Tracey
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:53 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Will be the last thing on my mind
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

CheekyWeetus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My brother lives in Qld and he drives a Bobcat for a living. He'll do the job for ya, hows a $1000 sound? He will even read some of the bible for ya, but you will need to provide the bible

Oh, and the headstone might be a pool, is that ok?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 6:00 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Will be the last thing on my mind
Exactly, doesn't life insurance cover it anyway?
Old Jul 21st 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

This a subject I have discussed with my Hubby on many occasion. I want a cheap as chips coffin, self build is fine with me. A ute or anything to take me to the crematoriam (I would prefer a nice bonfire but you know bush fires and that and with all my fat ). A sack truck to wheel me in and there you go, job done. No need for any penguins to help. Quick service and scatter the ashes. I really hate the thought of wasting money on something I cant enjoy anyway.

Jo
Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:13 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by joho
This a subject I have discussed with my Hubby on many occasion. I want a cheap as chips coffin, self build is fine with me. A ute or anything to take me to the crematoriam (I would prefer a nice bonfire but you know bush fires and that and with all my fat ). A sack truck to wheel me in and there you go, job done. No need for any penguins to help. Quick service and scatter the ashes. I really hate the thought of wasting money on something I cant enjoy anyway.

Jo
I'm with you on that, a cardboard box will do me fine

Old Jul 21st 2005, 11:15 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by CheekyWeetus
My brother lives in Qld and he drives a Bobcat for a living. He'll do the job for ya, hows a $1000 sound? He will even read some of the bible for ya, but you will need to provide the bible

Oh, and the headstone might be a pool, is that ok?
If you can make the pool a swimming pool, i'll order it now (for $1,000), and get to use it before I need it