Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Never been so pleased to see the posty

Never been so pleased to see the posty

Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Never been so pleased to see the posty

Yes rarely does he grace us with his presence (post service is crap where we live).
But he arrived quite early today with 2 special deliveries.

The first was my sons guitar case, he has guitar lessons every Friday so the guitar case is a must when he has to take it to and from school.
The second was our passports back with the lovely little VISA sticker 2 pages in from the back.

God it's all sinking in now, feel like i've lived in Limbo or Timbucktoo for the last god knows how many months but to see the little stickers in all the passports was surreal.

So thanks Royal Mail for once I'm not gonna slate you

Jen
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Never been so pleased to see the posty

Congrats im jel
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JenJen
Yes rarely does he grace us with his presence (post service is crap where we live).

The first was my sons guitar case, he has guitar lessons every Friday so the guitar case is a must when he has to take it to and from school.
The second was our passports back with the lovely little VISA sticker 2 pages in from the back.

God it's all sinking in now, feel like i've lived in Limbo or Timbucktoo for the last god knows how many months but to see the little stickers in all the passports was surreal.

Jen
Nice one Jen , gotta look after yer geeeetar
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Thats great, I'll probably kiss the postman when we (hopefully) get our visa's !
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by black cat
Thats great, I'll probably kiss the postman when we (hopefully) get our visa's !
Well I would have but I didn;t answer the door and I was only wearing a towel at the time which I nearly dropped when I found out what he was delivering

Thanks god hubby wasn't that excited eh lol
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Well I would have but I didn;t answer the door and I was only wearing a towel at the time which I nearly dropped when I found out what he was delivering

Thanks god hubby wasn't that excited eh lol
Bet you'd have made his year if you had answered the door!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

these lucky postman eh ,

kiss away
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:04 pm
Account Closed

yeah errrm you wouldn;t say that if any of you saw me naked.

I have the mummy tummy, arse and slapped face and boobs that don't exactly defy gravity anymore I think he'd have prob run away screaming and maybe have forgotten to give us our passports first lolll
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah errrm you wouldn;t say that if any of you saw me naked.

I have the mummy tummy, arse and slapped face and boobs that don't exactly defy gravity anymore I think he'd have prob run away screaming and maybe have forgotten to give us our passports first lolll
yep me to, my boobs are trying to arrange a meeting with my knees!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:09 pm
Account Closed

yep me to, my boobs are trying to arrange a meeting with my knees!
I'll be so upset if ever mine meet up lolllll

Jen
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

I'll be so upset if ever mine meet up lolllll

Jen
am saying nothing
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
am saying nothing
Very wise!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:34 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Jen

Mr PP took his passport in to the toilet so he could check the visa was in his passport!

I know what you mean about it being surreal.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:57 pm
Dublin to Sunshine Coast

goat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant futuregoat eyes has a brilliant future

Jen
CONGRATULATIONS !! NICE ONE !!

We know how you feel about the 'limbo' !!
We have finished work (a month ago) and are kicking about Dublin waiting for 'the email' from CO / Immigration !! We are planning to take off soon (mid Nov) as Mrs.Goat Eyes is off to China for the next 3 weeks with 'Special Olympics Ireland' as a volunteer. We plan to fly to Fiji (get married) for a couple of weeks, on to NZ for a few weeks then on to Brisbane (Gold Coast area)

Only problem is , we havent got the 'visa granted ' email from the Australian immigration yet!!(though we may/may not have received it by Mid Nov)

As you have already gone through this - maybe you could tell me;

when you get ''the email'', is it just a case of printing it off, bringing it to the Australian Embassy to stamp it?? If so , we could do this in the NZ (Auckland) bit of our trip. What do you reckon??

Congratulations on the visa !!!!!!!!

Thanks, Mr&Mrs Goat Eyes.