Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Netbanking- what's your experience?

Netbanking- what's your experience?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:49 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Netbanking- what's your experience?

I'm not enjoying netbanking with the Commonwealth because I find there's such a delay between when a transaction occurs and when it shows online- sometimes a couple of days- or it shows as a balance I don't understand and then a few days later a transaction occurs that explains it. I'm not keen. anyone else found similar or better elsewhere?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:52 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netbanking- what's your experience?

Hi, I have the same issue with ANZ internet banking - but have found the mobile phone banking application (which I have on my Nokia) is instantaneous and shows every transaction and current balance so I use the pair together.

I think mobile phone banking is available with Commonwealth Bank too - maybe try that?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:56 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, I bought the cheapest 3G phoine I could get on arrival and there's no way it could cope with anything like that in a format I could read- I struggle to read the SMS on it

Thanks though, could be an option if I upgrade the phone. It's odd that you find it more up to date on your phone- would have thought it would come from same 'place'.

It's funny- in some respects Oz is light years ahead of NZ and yet when it comes to 'service' type things (I know banking isn't service though) it seems quite far behind, 'tis odd.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really happy with the Commonwealth net banking. Have no issues with it other than having to ring up to up my limit if I'm doing a transfer but that has always been quick and straightforward so no big deal. I only have First Direct to compare it to but it works just as well for me as FD did.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:10 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

hello there - I know what you mean and it will take a little while for you to get used to it. Overall I think CBA netbanking is great - all the info you need is at your fingertips and the phone service is good too, in my experience.

The main issues are with the credit card records - not the actual bank accounts. For the credit cards, the available balance updates immediately but the transaction records are often not available for 24hrs to 72hrs. I am not sure that this is the fault of CBA.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:12 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm really happy with the Commonwealth net banking. Have no issues with it other than having to ring up to up my limit if I'm doing a transfer but that has always been quick and straightforward so no big deal. I only have First Direct to compare it to but it works just as well for me as FD did.
Agree with all that, works great for me. Plus, for the OP, if you keep your receipts you will know where you stand when the balance shows but you can't work out what items are missing.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

The best online banking i've used has been the Bank of Queenslands.

Updates are instant and you can pretty much leave a shop and check it on the net and its there.

We moved from them though to CBA and i find there's ok to use. Easy to navigate and use. Only gripe would be the day's delay in updating transaction history.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

GracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really niceGracieK is just really nice

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I'm not enjoying netbanking with the Commonwealth because I find there's such a delay between when a transaction occurs and when it shows online- sometimes a couple of days- or it shows as a balance I don't understand and then a few days later a transaction occurs that explains it. I'm not keen. anyone else found similar or better elsewhere?
We're with Citibank and transactions show up within a day (and sometimes in the case of last weekend 2 days in the future). However, it's really frustrating with internet based purchases as the statement always just says "Visa Local Retail" and that's it (it doesn't become clearer even after a few days or months ). This includes the regular automatic top up type things too so almost every week there's some kind of unexplained transaction which I either have to assume is X,Y or Z because of the amount or that hubby has bought something online. Either that or I have to ring up Citibank to ask and even then the description is not always helpful (e.g. the etags are something like "Eastern Creek" which confused me no end when we got them as our dog was in quarantine at the time).
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wullieb1
The best online banking i've used has been the Bank of Queenslands.
The best online banking I've used has been with a credit union. I'm with Big Sky.

They value personal service
Their call center is in Australia
They even refund the foreign ATM fees!

I've been with Citibank, HSBC, ANZ, CBA. All dreadful and charge for breaking wind.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Our Westpac is pretty instant. No complaints.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

With BankWest it shows online transactions instantly. Do the transaction, go back to the "accounts" screen and it's there.

Going shopping you can also see the transaction the same day (if I happen to check). Sometimes if I shop late in the day, it'll show the transaction that day, but with tomorrow's date.

From my perspective, BankWest's internet banking is much better than NatWest's and Nationwide's in the UK.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny- in some respects Oz is light years ahead of NZ and yet when it comes to 'service' type things (I know banking isn't service though) it seems quite far behind, 'tis odd.
I work in IT and in many respects NZ is a far smarter country that Australia when it comes to IT. Aus is pretty backwards and resistant to change - NZ is a lot more innovative.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:19 am
---

Originally Posted by sr71
I work in IT and in many respects NZ is a far smarter country that Australia when it comes to IT. Aus is pretty backwards and resistant to change - NZ is a lot more innovative.
Ah, it's interesting to hear someone on the 'inside' say that! I wouldn't know how it compares to UK because I didn't netbank there.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

OzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really niceOzJo is just really nice

Ah, it's interesting to hear someone on the 'inside' say that! I wouldn't know how it compares to UK because I didn't netbank there.
I agree. Bankwest is great
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:57 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

we are with the commonwealth netbanking to...have no problem at all using their netbanking service so far so good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.