Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nervous spouse applicant, looking for advice!

Nervous spouse applicant, looking for advice!

Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

If the people declaring are in Australia you need form 888 available on the following link or from DIMIA.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/888.pdf

Your signature needs to be witnessed by a person authorised to do so in that state. I used a local JP who also certified the copies of my evidence. I also had to provide certified copies of the passports of the witnesses to prove they were citizens. Other proofs of eligibility include permanent residency visa australian citizenship certificates.

What stage of processing and where are you applying.

I remember using Stat Decs by Poms in Pommieland for the 1st stage. These had to be done under English law which a local lawyer did. We provided a soft copy on file containing what we wanted to say and they added the legal niceties. We then swore on the bible (apparently there are alternatives of which I am unsure) and did the signings.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 9:21 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

just my 2 cents

certified copies of stat dec's need the person making the dec to sign and that signature to be witnessed and certifed by Juustice of peace/lawyer(not your agent)etc

copies of passport pages,visa stamps,birth certs etc all need to besigned by of lawyer ,J.O.P etc

my advice any photocopies etc get them signed