Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nerves setting in - should I stay or should I go?

Nerves setting in - should I stay or should I go?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default Nerves setting in - should I stay or should I go?

Hi all

I'm in desparate need of reassurance.

The nerves are beginning to set in. Sold my house (subject to missives being concluded) - and hit a bit of a rocky patch (thought the guy was pulling out). Had a few days of disappointment - but despite the missives not being concluded the guy has re-assured me that he does actually want to buy our house.

I came home from work tonight and it was really spring-like. Looked at my house - and the view at the back of it (scenic) and then the thought suddenly hit me - do I really want to move after all...... all this hassle etc. I still have time to pull out.

I wake up every morning and think will I, wont I.

Is this normal???????

A whole 1.5 years of planning - and suddenly you begin to loose the plot completely!

Should I stay - or should I go!

Does anyone else have experiences like this? My mind is playing tricks on me!!!!

Luv Laura
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:15 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nerves setting in - should I stay or should I go?

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Hi all

The nerves are beginning to set in. Sold my house (subject to missives being concluded) - and hit a bit of a rocky patch (thought the guy was pulling out). Had a few days of disappointment - but despite the missives not being concluded the guy has re-assured me that he does actually want to buy our house.

I came home from work tonight and it was really spring-like. Looked at my house - and the view at the back of it (scenic) and then the thought suddenly hit me - do I really want to move after all...... all this hassle etc. I still have time to pull out.

Is this normal???????

A whole 1.5 years of planning - and suddenly you begin to loose the plot completely!

Does anyone else have experiences like this? My mind is playing tricks on me!!!!

Luv Laura
Laura, I have little moments like those most days. Never enough to ever really make me question going, but I do sometimes wonder how I ended up about to move to Australia.

I actually get very jealous sometimes of people who say they could never move. I think life would be a lot simpler if we were just satisfied with what we've got here. Then again, hopefully, I'll find that "inner peace" in Australia.

Gill
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:16 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

if you stay there could be trouble,if you go it could double.

oh wont you please just let me know,should i stay or should i go?

yes you should!!!

hey i went through that ,i miss my home like mad ,i go past it every day..

i have been through most of the worries that you go through and yes i had a terrible wobble when selling my house,,,but..

i am like a young kid again waiting to start my new life,,its fantastic i want an old house and turn it into a palace,,i havent felt like that since i was 21..

and i will let you into a secrete i haven't slept for two night worrying about....

i dont know wether to have red or blue flashes on my boat...aint life great..

Last edited by aston man; Mar 27th 2007 at 6:20 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:17 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I think it may be something to do with the 3 dry days in a row we have had lately let me know what you think and feel maybe next month when we get the Snow ( as you will know is very possible)

Seriously, i think we all get the same thoughts at one time or another and its only natural, one thing that i think about myself is, all my life earnings are in my property and once its sold all i will own will be numbers on a bank statement, BUT i have my partner, 2 kids and our health so what can i complain about.

where are you haeding to?

Hi all

I wake up every morning and think will I, wont I

Is this normal???????

Luv Laura
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't, you may always regret it. If you go, you can always come back.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xzibit
If you don't, you may always regret it. If you go, you can always come back.
First all all - Aston Man - you make me laugh - you really cheer me up with your posts - class!!!!

Me and Gordon are heading to Perth - round about July (all being well).

Worry, worry, worry - that's me - never give my mind a rest!

I also agree with Kerrhook (cant spell it) - life would be easier if you were just happy with what you have here.

3 good weather days in Scotland- makes the place seem like heaven.

Other things that worry me are money (will I get a job), can I afford to buy a new house, will be mortgage payments be even more expensive than now, will I have a pool (yes that is a worry), will I get bitten by a snake, will I run out of Oz wine, what if the sun never comes out - right as you gathered, I'm begginning to joke now!

Thanks for your responses everyone - seems like I'm 'normal' after all (well as normal as I can be!).

Hope all goes well for you - thanks for the pep talk.

Laura
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

First all all - Aston Man - you make me laugh - you really cheer me up with your posts - class!!!!

Me and Gordon are heading to Perth - round about July (all being well).

Worry, worry, worry - that's me - never give my mind a rest!

I also agree with Kerrhook (cant spell it) - life would be easier if you were just happy with what you have here.

3 good weather days in Scotland- makes the place seem like heaven.

Other things that worry me are money (will I get a job), can I afford to buy a new house, will be mortgage payments be even more expensive than now, will I have a pool (yes that is a worry), will I get bitten by a snake, will I run out of Oz wine, what if the sun never comes out - right as you gathered, I'm begginning to joke now!

Thanks for your responses everyone - seems like I'm 'normal' after all (well as normal as I can be!).

Hope all goes well for you - thanks for the pep talk.

Laura
Heya
I have the same thoughts, I think that im giving up all I have worked for the last few year like a good job, flat and car - but then I think I can have a life thats different to the one im living and the prospect of a big house with a pool one day instead of what i have now! Im just going to go for it and if it goes belly up i will come back!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Hi all.

Glad i found this thread. House goes on the market next week and i've never had so many wobbles. It's true that a few days of sunshine makes you question the big move, and giving up the family home is a big step.

I never really had any worries during the whole visa wait. Now that the visa has been granted i'm in panic mode.

As everyone keeps telling me, if we don't go we'll regret it for the rest of our lives.

Steve.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Hi all

Is this normal???????

Luv Laura
Hi Laura,
Exactly the same as us!! Sold the house in September now renting. Never been to Australia. Have booked flights for 19th June, waiting for son to finish GCSEs then off.
Have days when the reality hits, and then manage to get my head round the fact that we just ned to get going. Been too long in the planning , thats the problem.
Counting the days down from work, school etc.......
Still worry about family and friends, but I am focusing on the ultimate goal.
Good luck, I think you are having normal feelings, good luck Jackie x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:47 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Is this normal???????

Luv Laura
I also wake up every day with the same first thought.....'what on earth are we doing, is it the right thing?' but at the end of the day it cant be answered until we've tried it!!!!!

Its best to regret the things you have done and not the things you hav'nt...... C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:49 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
I also wake up every day with the same first thought.....'what on earth are we doing, is it the right thing?' but at the end of the day it cant be answered until we've tried it!!!!!

Its best to regret the things you have done and not the things you hav'nt...... C x

hey my darling ,you will be fine..there will be no looking back for you and the family...
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Absolutely normal! But I reassured myself with I can always go back to the UK if I want too, we came to NZ and haven't regretted it at all. It's just an adventure so go for it, after all something has been driving you to give it a try for the past year and a half!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:55 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey my darling ,you will be fine..there will be no looking back for you and the family...
Hey Ast, what a lovely thing to say thank you.....going send you some K if it will allow........ C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:06 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey! I am normal after all, thats a turn up for the books!

We decided to try this whole different continent lark at the beginning of January and since then it has been a true whirlwind! OH has secured a sponsored visa, we have had an offer on the house and the children don't know yet. Ok they are both under 6 but nonetheless a mothers guilt and all that!

I have thoughts about why daily and like some of you, I think ......ooo it's not too late to pull out! When I have these thoughts I think how lucky we are to have this opportunity right in front of us now, but also think it's a ridiculous whirlwind idea (seeing the house go etc!).

I also think it takes a few of years (sometimes more!)from start to finish for others to get their visa and this makes me think it's an opportunity that's right here right nowfor us not to miss out on!

The main thing I think of is the flippin flight over there, I seem to have developed an inconvenient fear of flying a couple of years ago! anyway thats a new topic entirely!

Stick with, like us something has spurred you on at the beginning! We are quite laid back and think what have we got to lose, ok a lovely house, good salary etc ( i am worried!) but then I think I would much prefer to have life experiences rather than be proud of what I've got!

Material things count for nothing comapred to living your life!

Go with the flow!

Anyone seen getting to Oz by coach etc a holiday comapany are doing it, it takes three months, might have to do it that way! (this could have been going for years for all I know but only just heard of it!)
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:38 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Carmele
Are you serious about the coach journey to Oz as my OH has also got a convienent fear of flying just lately - ive told him he will be going on a tanker - no luxury or anything - told him he will have to work his way there haha. That could be another option for him.
Thanks a lot
Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.