Nerang property

Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Nerang property

Anyone have any experience of this area? looking on realestate.com and this area is relatively cheap. Is there a particular reason?

All info welcome, good or bad.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nerang property

It's probably one of the suburbs that people drive through and strike off their lists. Some bits are not the best (not completely shit either). There are nicer suburbs but on the other hand, people living in the better areas of Nerang love it and it's locality to everything. It's not got the greatest reputation but to be honest I think that is a lot down to "what people have heard" as opposed to what people actually know.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:56 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
Anyone have any experience of this area? looking on realestate.com and this area is relatively cheap. Is there a particular reason?

All info welcome, good or bad.

I wondered about this also.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

I know the area quite well, there are some lovely parts, Highland Park is very nice, and from some streets you get fabulous views of the coastline. There are one or two large unit complexes which are best to avoid. There are some lovely properties on acreage as well, it really is a mix. I would avoid round the central business district though.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

We lived at Pindari Hills for 20 years it is now called Highland Park, that is quite a nice area, as a previous poster said keep clear of the CBD and also around the Nerang High school, there is a few dodgy areas but i think Nerang has been made out to be worse than it is, we now live at Pacific Pines which we really like, but we also spent 3 years in Burleigh Heads we were at Burleigh Cove we got burgled and there was quite a lot of undesireables in that area, so all in all most areas have areas that are not the best.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Nerang property

Thanks for all the replies. It's hard to get any impression of anywhere over the internet but it's good to hear from those of you in the know. I am going to be working in Robina in the near future so just trying to get impressions of places for the 'to see' list.
I'm currently living in Manchester in the UK...it's reputation precedes it but I could recommend half a dozen places to live despite it's overall reputation...like you say everywhere has it's good and bad!
Thanks again.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Thanks for all the replies. It's hard to get any impression of anywhere over the internet but it's good to hear from those of you in the know. I am going to be working in Robina in the near future so just trying to get impressions of places for the 'to see' list.
I'm currently living in Manchester in the UK...it's reputation precedes it but I could recommend half a dozen places to live despite it's overall reputation...like you say everywhere has it's good and bad!
Thanks again.
Hi - Nerang is ok but Robina is really nice, as is Mudgereeba. People told us to avoid Nerang, but it looked ok when we drove through it. Clear island Waters is lovely, though a little more pricey. We lived in Robina and it was good, where are you going to work in Robina?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by johull
Hi - Nerang is ok but Robina is really nice, as is Mudgereeba. People told us to avoid Nerang, but it looked ok when we drove through it. Clear island Waters is lovely, though a little more pricey. We lived in Robina and it was good, where are you going to work in Robina?
Hi Johull,

I'll be working in the new mental health unit at the hospital in Robina. As soon as my OH gets a job we'll be fine, it's just that I don't know what rent I'll be able to realistically pay on a nurses starting wage so am thinking it would be best to pay as little as possible initially and then once he's working we'll have a lot more options open to us. Rents in Nerang have been coming up at $100 less than the areas we'd want to be in but I don't want to get tied into something for 6 months and find I can't afford it. I also would rather have the kids in Robina state school or Varsity or somewhere around there so we're all close to where I work.

Where abouts are you living now?

Sarah
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Hi Johull,

I'll be working in the new mental health unit at the hospital in Robina. As soon as my OH gets a job we'll be fine, it's just that I don't know what rent I'll be able to realistically pay on a nurses starting wage so am thinking it would be best to pay as little as possible initially and then once he's working we'll have a lot more options open to us. Rents in Nerang have been coming up at $100 less than the areas we'd want to be in but I don't want to get tied into something for 6 months and find I can't afford it. I also would rather have the kids in Robina state school or Varsity or somewhere around there so we're all close to where I work.

Where abouts are you living now?

Sarah
Hi Sarah

We are back in the UK - long story. I struggled to get work, felt bad and lost all my self confidence, father was ill and needed quadruple heart bypass and I lost the plot!! Now he is recovered and in better health than he has been for years. We are coming back out to Gold Coast later this year.

I live in West Yorkshire, have a decent life, nice house, live in nice little village but when you compare the two there is no competition. More so for the childrens futures.

We lived on Camberwell Circuit in Robina, which was very peaceful and handy for everything. We rented in Varsity to begin with, just 5 mins from Robina Town Centre and very handy for where you will be working. Our rent was $350 a week for a 4 bedroom house with a garden. It was nice and the kids were happy there. The oldest two went to Varsity - one to the High School and one to the junior school. It was good as they made friends with people who went to school and lived nearby. Once we moved to Camberwell the felt a little isolated from everyone.

Try a company calle Focus Investment real estate, they are based in Bundall and were really helpful. Ask for a lady called Donna, she was lovely.

Where are you in the UK? What does hubby do?

Robina and the surrounding area has lots of things to do, lots of lovely places to eat out and the beach of course - how old are you kids?