Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

neighbours from hell

neighbours from hell

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:04 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default neighbours from hell

Still havent sold our house ... we had 2 viewings for tonight that will make 3 in total since beginning of june,one cancelled about an hour ago. I saw them pass the house and they were looking at our drive,me heart sank immediately cos I knew what they were thinking.Our drive is next to next doors and they are both very narrow and the cow next door has a huge ford people carrier that she parks practically in the middle of the 2 drives so if we want to park there we cant cos we cant open our doors,I am feeling very low and just wanted to get that off my chest
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:09 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: neighbours from hell

Originally posted by sky
Still havent sold our house ... we had 2 viewings for tonight that will make 3 in total since beginning of june,one cancelled about an hour ago. I saw them pass the house and they were looking at our drive,me heart sank immediately cos I knew what they were thinking.Our drive is next to next doors and they are both very narrow and the cow next door has a huge ford people carrier that she parks practically in the middle of the 2 drives so if we want to park there we cant cos we cant open our doors,I am feeling very low and just wanted to get that off my chest
Neighbours have a habit of doing things like this...

My parents neighbour is an avid DIYer. Hes currently doing the fence, half way done and been that way for about 2 years. Also thier patio. Right mess but we can't see it, we just get a chorus from the kango hammer once a month. Worst of all is the front garden. Hav'nt got a clue what the guy is doing but its basically been reduced from a neat (if dull) patch of grass to a mire of mud and sand (about 3 years work so far). My parents want to sell up and move in about a years time, they are just hoping that he finishes his jobs up!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:17 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by sky
Does she work? If so, arrange the viewing times when she's at work.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by PeteY
Neighbours have a habit of doing things like this...

My parents neighbour is an avid DIYer. Hes currently doing the fence, half way done and been that way for about 2 years. Also thier patio. Right mess but we can't see it, we just get a chorus from the kango hammer once a month. Worst of all is the front garden. Hav'nt got a clue what the guy is doing but its basically been reduced from a neat (if dull) patch of grass to a mire of mud and sand (about 3 years work so far). My parents want to sell up and move in about a years time, they are just hoping that he finishes his jobs up!
Get your dad to go over and give the dude a hand might get it done faster........
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jeannie
Get your dad to go over and give the dude a hand might get it done faster........
My neice from the uk said "Aunty" this is'nt Canada people dont just go over and say "hi want a hand"......why not..?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Our next door neighbour's windows / garden / house are in a state of general disrepair.
We're not actually going to OZ for about 3 or 4 years after we get our visa so we're hoping the large stone thing above his door (currently sloping in an alarming manner) falls off and squashed him!
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

It is 1.20am at the moment here in Auckland. Our neighbours teenage son and his mates seem to be testing out a new car alarm!!!...geeez..

But on the otherhand, the neighbours on our other side are buying our house, which has saved us the hassle of putting it on the market...LOL.. you win some, you lose some
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky

buy an old banger from the scrap yard park it outside on the drive and never move it again

that should p**** her off a little bit

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:44 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by arlene
buy an old banger from the scrap yard park it outside on the drive and never move it again

that should p**** her off a little bit

arlene
LOL Arlene
That is just what I have done, Ive not exactly gone out and bought one, but one of our other neighbours who is a real gem is in the car trade and as soon as the neighbour from hell went out I gave him a ring and he came like a knight in shining armour to my rescue with a spare car which is now parked up and is not budging until we sell.
Neighbour from hell works from home so unfortunately I cant work my viewings around her.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

way to go, if they piss you off then you do it back ten fold, they soon get the message

arlene
Old Oct 4th 2003, 1:16 pm
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Originally posted by sky
LOL Arlene
That is just what I have done, Ive not exactly gone out and bought one, but one of our other neighbours who is a real gem is in the car trade and as soon as the neighbour from hell went out I gave him a ring and he came like a knight in shining armour to my rescue with a spare car which is now parked up and is not budging until we sell.
Neighbour from hell works from home so unfortunately I cant work my viewings around her.
You could also give her car doors a good bang with yours, accidently of course
Old Oct 4th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

When I was out in Australia, my Sister in Laws father asked me, 'Is it right that people keep junk in their back gardens everywhere'.
It summed it up just about right about the UK.

Whisky
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:57 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sky

Glad to hear we're not the only ones with neighbour troubles!!
Our neighbour is selling her house at the same time as us and was advised by her estate agent not to put up a 'for sale' sign. We were advised differently by our agents and since we put up our sign she has been spending every spare moment slagging me off to anyone who will listen including the ice cream man!!!

And people wonder why we want to leave!!!

Sally and family
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:54 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

my next door neighbour on one side is a drug dealer; his customers call all hours of the day and often bang on our door thinking he lives at our house; also his customers throw their used needles onto our garden - picking up 3 or 4 needles every day is nothing. the nighbour on the other side beats his wife/teenage son up on a weekly basis! he also fixes cars at 3 in the morning....
think I need to move to the other side of the world.......
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:05 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear you are having neighbour troubles. I had them too at the beginning of the year. Our new house had gone through but old one thanks to people in street took five more months to sell. We had to leave it empty as we wanted to be in new house and had to pay 2 mortgages for 5 months. Thankfully all worked out well especially with new house as we will have made £70,000 when we come to sell which is for our start in Oz. Hopefully the banger on the drive will do the trick, good luck.

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.