Reload this Page >

Needs advice from any MBBS Doctor in Australia

Needs advice from any MBBS Doctor in Australia

Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

mechanical430 will become famous soon enough
Default Needs advice from any MBBS Doctor in Australia

Hello,

My prospective wife is an MBBS doctor and presently she is completing her house job in our native country. I hope to get married by next year when she will complete her house job and then she will move here in Australia. I heard that Doctors are required to clear some test here to get into health field, is it true? Can someone who has gone through the procedure can throw some light on this subject? What kind of test? Where? Who conduct it?

If you are aware of webiste of the organization who conducts such kind of tests, please forward

Thanks in advance,
Salman
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Needs advice from any MBBS Doctor in Australia

Here let me Google that for you.....

Differs from state to state. http://www.medicalboard.qld.gov.au/ for QLD

Search engines. Amazing stuff.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mechanical430
Hello,

My prospective wife is an MBBS doctor and presently she is completing her house job in our native country. I hope to get married by next year when she will complete her house job and then she will move here in Australia. I heard that Doctors are required to clear some test here to get into health field, is it true? Can someone who has gone through the procedure can throw some light on this subject? What kind of test? Where? Who conduct it?

If you are aware of webiste of the organization who conducts such kind of tests, please forward

Thanks in advance,
Salman
Maybe she can look at the Australian Medical Association website. And yes, she will need to do tests and probably some further education in order to practice medicine here in Australia.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

All doctors have to satisfy the Australian Medical Board http://www.amc.org.au/index.php/img and I think it depends on where the doctor is trained as well. Know a lot of doctors have come to Australia and not been able to practice here.

English language skills have to be very very good as well. Have a look at the web site.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Also have a look at this forum:

http://pagingdr.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Its full of trainee and qualified doctors and lectures. They will be able to give you very specific answers.
They regular get International questions and will be able to answer other questions on working conditions etc.

Gems