Needing Help

Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Needing Help

Hi Guys, hope some of you can help me. Hubby has to provide his company with a list of areas we'd like to live so that their relocation firm can start looking for a rental for us. The problem is we don't get to Perth until the weekend, have never been before, and they want the list NOW! .

Ideally we would like a suburb that is NOR, quite near the coast but doesn't have to have a sea view, MUST have a train station with regular trains to CBD for Ian so that we only need one car for the first wee while, and be a maximum of 30 minutes from CBD. We have 2 kids (8&5), so an area with lots of activities for them and a nice school would be good and be dog-friendly. Budget is pretty flexible so all areas considered.

We are being tempted by Currambine (as it has been highly recommended) at the minute but as my Perth knowledge and geography is really poor, that's as far as we've got.

I can't believe they're pushing us for an answer when we haven't seen the areas yet so any advice you could give me would be brilliant.

Cheers
Tracey
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:16 am
Pet
Forum Regular

Pet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nicePet is just really nice
Default Re: Needing Help

Sorry Tracey, I live SOR so cant help you much but sure someone will jump in soon and offer some help. Best of luck on the move, cheers
Pauline
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

You won't go wrong with Currambine or the adjacent suburbs.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

Sorry Tracey cant help you with that one as we are south of river. Mind you I still dont know my way about.
Someone will help you though.
Carole
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:26 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

You could try this site - might help give you an idea (soory I can`t be of more help but we are not there yet )
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?f=9&c=7
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:43 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Hi Guys, hope some of you can help me. Hubby has to provide his company with a list of areas we'd like to live so that their relocation firm can start looking for a rental for us. The problem is we don't get to Perth until the weekend, have never been before, and they want the list NOW! .

Ideally we would like a suburb that is NOR, quite near the coast but doesn't have to have a sea view, MUST have a train station with regular trains to CBD for Ian so that we only need one car for the first wee while, and be a maximum of 30 minutes from CBD. We have 2 kids (8&5), so an area with lots of activities for them and a nice school would be good and be dog-friendly. Budget is pretty flexible so all areas considered.

We are being tempted by Currambine (as it has been highly recommended) at the minute but as my Perth knowledge and geography is really poor, that's as far as we've got.

I can't believe they're pushing us for an answer when we haven't seen the areas yet so any advice you could give me would be brilliant.

Cheers
Tracey
Hi Tracey,

Currambine is near Iluka, Connolly, Joondalup and Kinross, all of these suberbs are nice but remembering that the ones nearer the coast will be more pricey. Iluka is on the coast as is Ocean Reef which isn't far but dont have a rail station. Joondalup is a lovely suburb and has a train station although may be 30 minutes from the city?
Heathridge is more or less the next suberb down and slightly closer to the city, this Suburb is also cheaper and the nearest station would be at Edgwater. Edgewater is lovely, although East of the Mitchell Freeway very easy to get to the CBD.
Closer still is Kingsley which is a nice place and has a station.
We lived in Dianella which is only 7k from the city. It is quite pricey but we loved it there. Dianella Primary school is excellent and they welcomed us with open arms. They were really interested in us as an emmigrating family from the UK. Close by is Morley which has 'The Galleria' shopping centre and Dianella is close'ish' to the beach (about 15 min). Although there isn't a rail link Dianella has buses and a bus station that go to the city almost every minute. It only takes approx 10 minutes to the city from there.

Good luck.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by janeyray
Hi Tracey,

Currambine is near Iluka, Connolly, Joondalup and Kinross, all of these suberbs are nice but remembering that the ones nearer the coast will be more pricey. Iluka is on the coast as is Ocean Reef which isn't far but dont have a rail station. Joondalup is a lovely suburb and has a train station although may be 30 minutes from the city?
Heathridge is more or less the next suberb down and slightly closer to the city, this Suburb is also cheaper and the nearest station would be at Edgwater. Edgewater is lovely, although East of the Mitchell Freeway very easy to get to the CBD.
Closer still is Kingsley which is a nice place and has a station.
We lived in Dianella which is only 7k from the city. It is quite pricey but we loved it there. Dianella Primary school is excellent and they welcomed us with open arms. They were really interested in us as an emmigrating family from the UK. Close by is Morley which has 'The Galleria' shopping centre and Dianella is close'ish' to the beach (about 15 min). Although there isn't a rail link Dianella has buses and a bus station that go to the city almost every minute. It only takes approx 10 minutes to the city from there.

Good luck.
Brilliant information, thanks for that Karma sent.
Thanks too, Gobbyjock, I'm off to check out that site .
TJ
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Sorrento and my daughter goes to Marmion Primary school. Would recommend both suburbs and surrounding ones such as Hillarys and Mullalloo. School is excellent, individual teachers and the school as a whole have won awards. Nearest train station is Warwick and it takes my husband about 40 mins door to door which involves walking, bus and a 12 min train journey. I love it here and wouldn't want to live any further north.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Greenwood.

Originally Posted by The Johnstons

Cheers
Tracey
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Greenwood.
A friend of mine in the UK works with a woman from Perth and she recommended Greenwood as a good bargain. It is a touch old compared to some places these days and had that 17 year old lad killed there the other night, but if I was the sort of person looking for something closer to the action it would be high on our list. It is handy for the train to the city and the Greenwood pub is good for English football on TV.

Hark at me! Been here 6 weeks and spouting off like I've been here for ages!!!