Needed Urgently

Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all
Default Needed Urgently

I need to find a good hairdresser urgently - can anyone assist. I live in churchlands, so anywhere around there would be good.

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Needed Urgently

Originally Posted by capacity
I need to find a good hairdresser urgently - can anyone assist. I live in churchlands, so anywhere around there would be good.

Thanks
You need to find a good phone book ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
YellowPages.com.au
Old Feb 9th 2005, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

yeah get the phone book..good luck
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

I understand where ya coming from....there are hairdressers...then there are HAIRDRESSERS!!

Unfortunatly, its all trial and error unless someone can give you a recommendation. Even then, whats good for one, isnt necessarily good for another.

Good luck, and I feel your pain!!

Hels
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr mover
You need to find a good phone book ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mm

What good is a phone book - I have come across many a hairdressing salon but as hels says there are hairdressers and there are HAIRDRESSERS I actually want a style it is not just a trim - so would like to be recommended someone who at least is update with the latest trends
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

as hels says there are hairdressers and there are HAIRDRESSERS I actually want a style it is not just a trim - so would like to be recommended someone who at least is update with the latest trends
Maybe take a holiday back to the uk
Old Feb 9th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

[QUOTE=capacity]What good is a phone book - I have come across many a hairdressing salon but as hels says there are hairdressers and there are HAIRDRESSERS I actually want a style it is not just a trim - so would like to be recommended someone who at least is update with the latest trends [/QUOTE

As a woman with VERY long hair I understand totally where you're coming from!! Particularly over here where a hair disaster is just waiting to happen...and it's already happened to me once!!!

I am happy with the one I use in Rockingham (Head Studio) but I guess its a bit far for you to travel, but I think they have salons in Success and Morley (no idea how good the hairdressers there are tho). I have heard very conflicting things about the famous one here (maurice mead) so would be careful if you choose them!

You could try the Aveda concept salon, someone posted they were going to go there a while back:

http://aveda.aveda.com/stores/facts.asp?salon=5878

Probably a bit on the pricy side, but what price good hair I say!!?

Good luck with your search!

love sophia xxx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

go into the hairdressing salon..and check them out...look at how their hair is done.....one can usualy tell what kind of style they are into. And whilst someone may LOVE their hairdresser..it may not work out for you..and i have longggggggggggg hair too....and believe me i am fussy...don't need styling..however..do not ever take more than 2 inches off my hair...or they will know about it. But still i check them out before i sit in that chair....interview them...LOL..tis the best way
get the phone book..get the addresses...and do the rounds..if you are that particular.~.good luck~~
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Maybe take a holiday back to the uk

Good suggestion but I am not from the UK, my sister owns a salon in Zim and I am sooo used to oing in there at least once a week to have my hair blow dryed not to mention all the colours I have had over the years - oh also the manicures and pedicures - damn now I have to pay for it all

Thanks all for your suggestions and the good luck wishes
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:34 pm
rudo1ph

Good suggestion but I am not from the UK, my sister owns a salon in Zim and I am sooo used to oing in there at least once a week to have my hair blow dryed not to mention all the colours I have had over the years - oh also the manicures and pedicures - damn now I have to pay for it all

Thanks all for your suggestions and the good luck wishes

Why not ask some of your Aussie friends where they go (but only ask the ones who's hairdo's you like!!!

good luck!!!

Rudi

Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

I use the Aveda salon, as per Sophia comments, in Cottesloe, recommended by Jill - Go B and they are great there, not too far from you, Tanya is great, would highly rec as my hair was hacked here on arrival at Maurice Mead (and they charged more!!), thanks to her its back to normal they also have beauty salon and usually give a complimentary head massage and hand one too.....

http://www.emm-salon.com/

Teresa
Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:25 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Swifts
I use the Aveda salon, as per Sophia comments, in Cottesloe, recommended by Jill - Go B and they are great there, not too far from you, Tanya is great, would highly rec as my hair was hacked here on arrival at Maurice Mead (and they charged more!!), thanks to her its back to normal they also have beauty salon and usually give a complimentary head massage and hand one too.....

http://www.emm-salon.com/

Teresa
Yep, the best place by miles and miles and the products smell yummy too, even Imogen goes at 71/2 !!!

But get in there quick Tanya is off in 3 weeks for a 6 week hol in the UK to see her Mum. She is doing some Aveda courses while she is there too!!! The other girls are god too.

I had a cut, colour, hand, neck and head massage while I was there on Wednesday and to top it off a manicure, pure bliss !!!

Jill

Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:27 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Yep, the best place by miles and miles and the products smell yummy too, even Imogen goes at 71/2 !!!

But get in there quick Tanya is off in 3 weeks for a 6 week hol in the UK to see her Mum. She is doing some Aveda courses while she is there too!!! The other girls are god too.

I had a cut, colour, hand, neck and head massage while I was there on Wednesday and to top it off a manicure, pure bliss !!!

Jill
They are practically 'god'

(see typo above)

Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ladies - how did the coffee go - the b*&&*& battery in the car was flat this morning just as I was about to do the school run (this is true) and had to call hubby to come and rescue me - hence had no car for the rest of the day