Need your opinion: DIMA feedback on point test result

Need your opinion: DIMA feedback on point test result

Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Need your opinion: DIMA feedback on point test result

Hi guys,

Koala raised a point for which I'd like to get your opinion

Tell me if I'm wrong, but once the application is lodged, we can't get any feedback concerning the test point.
you total at the test point.

Of course we can estimate ourself our total, but how to be sure?

Did the DIMA inform you that you reached the pass mark 115 (for PR Visa)?
Did they confirm that you were in the MODL to one of you ?
Does the acknoledgment letter mean that you passed the test point ?

Otherwise, how could we know if our app is still processed, or if it sleeps in the heap of applications waiting for the pass mark would change...

Doubts again and again...

Thank you all for all the info and support you give on this forum !

Cheers,
Myriam
Old Sep 13th 2002, 12:59 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need your opinion: DIMA feedback on point test result

Myriam,

> Did the DIMA inform you that you reached the pass mark 115 (for PR Visa)?

You'll know when you pass the points test when they send you the pre-grant

> Does the acknoledgment letter mean that you passed the test point ?

Absolutely not so. The acknowledgement letter is just that - acknowledgement of receipt of your application (and to let you know that you're poorer by the fee you paid them!)

> Otherwise, how could we know if our app is still processed, or if it sleeps
> in the heap of applications waiting for the pass mark would change...

You won't be able to tell, until you get further communication from DIMIA either requesting for more details, IELTS test scores, missing documents, the medicals and police checks and so on.

> Doubts again and again...

What's there to doubt? Once you've sent in your application, the next "milestone" is your credit card being zapped the fee. After that is the acknowledgement letter (although I've seen reports where the money is zapped after the ack is received). After that, it may be potentially months before you get/hear anything from DIMIA concerning your application. That's of course if you're not a nurse

The 50 weeks (presumably your category is quoted at 50 weeks) will pass much quicker if you don't watch the clock tick (think: water boils slower if you stare at the kettle!)

Peter
Old Sep 13th 2002, 1:02 pm
ian
Ping Pom

ian is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I can remember, DIMA sent an acknowledgement letter to say they had the application, gave us a file number and cashed the cheque...and that was it for a while.

We heard nothing to say that we had enough points etc, but were eventually asked for medicals and police clearences. So I presume if you are asked for these, you have enough points!

I think the skills assessment body says whether you are suitable for the MODL....it was for IT anyway, as only certain IT skills would be enough for MODL for an IT application.

I guess that you just have to wait...and wait...and....

Originally posted by mcaprio:
Hi guys,

Koala raised a point for which I'd like to get your opinion

Tell me if I'm wrong, but once the application is lodged, we can't get any feedback concerning the test point.
you total at the test point.

Of course we can estimate ourself our total, but how to be sure?

Did the DIMA inform you that you reached the pass mark 115 (for PR Visa)?
Did they confirm that you were in the MODL to one of you ?
Does the acknoledgment letter mean that you passed the test point ?

Otherwise, how could we know if our app is still processed, or if it sleeps in the heap of applications waiting for the pass mark would change...

Doubts again and again...

Thank you all for all the info and support you give on this forum !

Cheers,
Myriam
Old Sep 13th 2002, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

mcaprio is an unknown quantity at this point

[i]The 50 weeks (presumably your category is quoted at 50 weeks) will pass much quicker if you don't watch the clock tick (think: water boils slower if you stare at the kettle!)
This is an excellent philosophy...

Actually I'm worried cause I sent my app in january 02 and I wasn't requested for the medicals yet. Apparently, people who applied in january were asked for their medicals several months ago...

But you're right, I shouldn't wonder so much...
Cheers,
Myriam
Old Sep 14th 2002, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

stay or go ? is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcaprio:

This is an excellent philosophy...

Actually I'm worried cause I sent my app in january 02 and I wasn't requested for the medicals yet. Apparently, people who applied in january were asked for their medicals several months ago...

But you're right, I shouldn't wonder so much...
Cheers,
Myriam

i applied for PR in Australia in March '02 (whilst still resident in Melbourne). Havent heard a sniff about medicals/police checks or anything. wouldnt get knickers in a twist over it just yet - still a while to go.