Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a UK phone No

Need a UK phone No

Old May 17th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Need a UK phone No

HELP

I need to find the UK phone no of

Barclays Life Assurance
252 Romford Road.
London

The no I have is 0845 603 5000 but I cannot phone these numbers from Oz.

It used to be 081 534 5544.

I've also tried 181 534 5544

I've checked the white pages but that just give me the 0845 no

Can anyone help.
Old May 17th 2005, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a UK phone No

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
HELP

Barclays Life Assurance
252 Romford Road.
London

Can anyone help.
Hi,
You should be able to phone any number from oz! Try 001144 8456035000
Pootle
Old May 17th 2005, 11:00 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

HELP

Barclays Life Assurance
252 Romford Road.
London

Can anyone help.
I looked here & couldn't find Barclays Life Assurance under that address, but found this...

Barclays Life Assurance Co Ltd, Eagle House, 1-2, Parkshot, Richmond, Surrey TW9 2RD

Tel: 020 8332 1212
Old May 17th 2005, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Have you tried going on the BT website and click on the link for directory enquiries? I tried to do it for you but London is too big a town, it asked for a post code.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:03 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

This is the card number for barclays bank emergency "my card is stolen" - ring them and blag it to get the insurance number explain you are inAus and its emergency (whatever!).

0160 423 0230

I dont think you can phone 0845 from ab road because its local call rates some operators will just recorded message you to say you are not getting local call rate but others will end the call and you get a engaged/ended tone.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
This is the card number for barclays bank emergency "my card is stolen" - ring them and blag it to get the insurance number explain you are inAus and its emergency (whatever!).

0160 423 0230

I dont think you can phone 0845 from ab road because its local call rates some operators will just recorded message you to say you are not getting local call rate but others will end the call and you get a engaged/ended tone.
I have phoned 0845 from oz. The halifax use it as their main phone number for all calls.
Pootle
Old May 17th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

No you cannot phone 0800, 0845, 1300 no from abroad I've tried a number of times.

They've sent me a letter with the new phone No but it's the 0845 one and the white pages just give the 0845 one.

I cannot even find a web page with the phone no.

If I cannot get the correct one I'll try the Tel: 020 8332 1212 quote but it's not the right address.

Thanks anyway.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

No you cannot phone 0800, 0845, 1300 no from abroad I've tried a number of times.

They've sent me a letter with the new phone No but it's the 0845 one and the white pages just give the 0845 one.

I cannot even find a web page with the phone no.

If I cannot get the correct one I'll try the Tel: 020 8332 1212 quote but it's not the right address.

Thanks anyway.
I've checked the statement - halifax are actually 08457 - a variation of 0845? And I have definately phoned them from oz no probs, just omit the 0.
Old May 17th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pootle
I've checked the statement - halifax are actually 08457 - a variation of 0845? And I have definately phoned them from oz no probs, just omit the 0.
Interesting you say this - I have often had to call a particular 0845 number. I tried dialling "go-talk" first to save money - but they never allowed 0845 numbers - they always said insufficent credit. When I dialled it direct from the Telstra line I always get a recorded message saying wrong number on attempt one and always get through straight away on the second attempt.

I did get through first time when dialling from a mobile (using up the cap credit!)

Try it again
Old May 17th 2005, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

For info

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

it has the 1212 listed. All big company pbxs are networked so ask to be put through to Customer Services and go from there.

Ian
Old May 17th 2005, 10:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

you just dial what u normally would to call UK and drop the initial 0
Old May 18th 2005, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

xshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant futurexshirleyx has a brilliant future

Telephone number i have from correspondence last month is 0845 300 1976
fax 0208 522 2600
Old May 18th 2005, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I called Inland Revenue last night on a 0845 number and got through no problems.

Just dialled (as someone else said) 0011 44 845 and then the rest of the number.

It might cost more, but you can definatly call those numbers from abroad!!

Hels
Old May 18th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pootle
Your right I got through straight away. I was certain I'd tried phoneing a different 0845 number a while back and was unable to get through due to phoneing from abroard.

Thanks for everyones help.
Old May 18th 2005, 8:02 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

To all the folks who do phone 0845 and 0345 numbers from Australia............DONT. They are costing you a fortune, it is around a dollar a minute. Simply do as the poster is trying to do and find out the companies 'proper' number, they all have one. On arrival I had to ring a couple of UK companies to check things out, and couldnt believe the cost of the call, even using a call card, the 4c per minute ones, the calls were still around the $1 a minute mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.