Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need some info on 4x4's

need some info on 4x4's

Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:15 am
Just Joined

storming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to all
Default need some info on 4x4's

Hi all
Moving to Sunny Brisbane in about 3 weeks From England and will be looking at getting a 4x4 in England i have always had a land rover 90. As I love off roading and extra bits are very cheap for land rovers here, but from what i have seen lots of Australia 4x4 come with must extras.

So i would like to know whats the best 4x4 to have for every day use and for off roading? Is there lots of place's to go off roading? Where are the best place's to buy a 4x4 from? and what's cheaper to run and re-pair?

Hope you all can help me

Storming :scared:
Old Jul 14th 2006, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of
Default Re: need some info on 4x4's

Originally Posted by storming
Hi all
Moving to Sunny Brisbane in about 3 weeks From England and will be looking at getting a 4x4 in England i have always had a land rover 90. As I love off roading and extra bits are very cheap for land rovers here, but from what i have seen lots of Australia 4x4 come with must extras.

So i would like to know whats the best 4x4 to have for every day use and for off roading? Is there lots of place's to go off roading? Where are the best place's to buy a 4x4 from? and what's cheaper to run and re-pair?

Hope you all can help me

Why would you be getting a 4x4 in England if you are moving to Brisbane in 3 weeks In OZ I would go Toyota without a doubt for 4x4
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

my neighbour does a lot of off roading both sand and bush and he swears by his Nissan Patrol. My other mate swears by his Toyota Prado and said when he went on an advanced off road driving course his car was by far the best performer against a couple of Patrols and Mitsubishi Pajeros.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Prado's number one here, with good reason. My big sister's got a '97 one that's done 250k and the only thing that's gone wrong with it is a flat tyre. She tows a ****ing great horse box about all the time and it just gets on with it. Land Rover's have a pretty bad rep here - prone to breaking down and expensive spares.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by longreach
Why would you be getting a 4x4 in England if you are moving to Brisbane in 3 weeks In OZ I would go Toyota without a doubt for 4x4
I think maybe they left out a comma!!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

storming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to all

Originally Posted by longreach
Soz i was half asleep i met i have a landrover now

Storming
Old Jul 14th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Soz i was half asleep i met i have a landrover now

Storming
Soz?, met?

Have I come on to a foreign speaking forum
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:27 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Hope you all can help me

We've bought one of the big Landcruisers here in Sydney; they and the Prado's seem to be the most popular. Most seem to come with bull bars (serious stuff where the whole front bumper is replaced by a massive ally structure) and heavy duty tow bars. Not many diesels about so we've the 4.5 litre petrol jobby. Comes with an auxilliary tank so you've got 145 litres overall. In the past I've had a Disco and a ML, neither of which I'd ever touch again...

Cheers
Rod
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

I was driving along behind a Nissan Pathfinder yesterday and noticed that on his spare tyre housing he'd written 'I'll never buy another Nissan' - lol
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:47 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Soz?, met?

Have I come on to a foreign speaking forum
Get with the lingo mate
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:43 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Hi all

Hope you all can help me

You do realise that if you purchase now in the UK and ship in 3 weeks you are going to get a huge bill, I also think you have to have owned the car for 12 months prior to ship it as for your own use and not re-sell.
Look into it, my father in law is bring his range rover over, only because its hit the 15year old mark and he loves it so much. Its already gassed etc so wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Oh on the point of nissan yep my pal says they are full of probs!

Jenny
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jensteve
You do realise that if you purchase now in the UK and ship in 3 weeks you are going to get a huge bill, I also think you have to have owned the car for 12 months prior to ship it as for your own use and not re-sell.
Look into it, my father in law is bring his range rover over, only because its hit the 15year old mark and he loves it so much. Its already gassed etc so wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Oh on the point of nissan yep my pal says they are full of probs!

Jenny
I'm sure the OP isn't buying in the UK. Re read the post and put a comma or full stop in just before "in England"
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the OP isn't buying in the UK. Re read the post and put a comma or full stop in just before "in England"
Where's Mike Stanton, sorry Mike Stanton when you need him.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
Where's Mike Stanton, sorry Mike Stanton when you need him.
Now tell me what that means?
Who is Mike Stanton
Old Jul 15th 2006, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Now tell me what that means?
Who is Mike Stanton
Mike Stanton was last year our residential typo merchant.

He'd digested that book: 'Eats shoots and leaves', or something as Anya put it.
Remember Anya?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.