Reload this Page >

Need some help with our packing - artwork and prints

Need some help with our packing - artwork and prints

Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Dave_Kent is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some help with our packing - artwork and prints

Hello again folks

As you probably know ('cause I've bored you to death ) we are departing next Thursday for our new life in Qld. PSS are coming to pack on Tues and load the container on Weds so we're in the frantic final throes of packing ...

The missus is worried that a number of our prints and artworks which are stored unframed in plastic (cellophane?) might "sweat" in the container en route during the sea voyage and get ruined.

A little esoteric perhaps, but can anyone provide the voice of experience? Should we take them out of the plastic - I have bought 500 sachets of silica gel - love that t'internet! - and am putting them in everything (I have 6,000 old vinyl records so most of them are in there! )

Than you once again for your patience and assistance.

Me, I just can't believe it's happening

Dave
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:20 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help with our packing - artwork and prints

Aw, Dave, I had noticed quite a few posts and thought, yep, it's that time for another of us - headless chicken mode.

Can't offer you any advice on this one - we had full service packing and our stuff was only on a boat two weeks anyway - but just wanted to wish you luck and remind you to stop and breathe occasionally.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dave_Kent is an unknown quantity at this point

Two weeks??! By 'eck - you had a fast boat

Breathing - ah yes, I remember it well. We're both in a very strange mood at the moment - sort of euphoria crossed with suicidal But we keep reminding ourselves it's only 12,000 miles and we *do* still have a whole 4 days left in the UK to sort everything out . . .

I'm sure it'll be alright on the night.

Thanks for the words of support.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Her stuff came from Singapore Our pictures were wrapped by the shippers, got here and were in perfect nick. Don't worry about them and let the shippers do the work. They've done it before and know what they're doing (generally ). Ideally, unless you've come to some agreement with the shippers, they should do everything. We packed nothing that was being shipped.