Reload this Page >

Need some help with clarification and guidance for RPL evaluation

Need some help with clarification and guidance for RPL evaluation

Old Feb 27th 2003, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

mehtasa is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Need some help with clarification and guidance for RPL evaluation

Hello Everybody,

I am little lost here amybe someone can help me out or point me in right direction.

I am in process of applying for RPL assessment for migration. I have specific question and need confirmation about ASCO Code, MODL and specialization in my situation. I am Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) managing Oracle Databases for Oracle E-Business Applications Suite 11i. Oracle E-Business Suite 11i allows companies to run business over the Internet, intranet and promotes electronic commerce. It also uses Java as core language. As Oracle Database Administer I am responsible for Installing, Managing, Supporting and Configuring Oracle E-Business suite Database, Web Servers for Internet access, Java, Security for applications and database.

Am I right to assume:

1) My ASCO code would be:
1.1 Systems Manager ASCO 2231-11
1.1.1 Controls the operating effectiveness of information technology systems, and arranges systems maintenance and enhancements to meet user Requirements.
1.1.2 Specializations:

Database Administrator
LAN/WAN Administrator
Network Administrator
Systems Administrator
Web Administrator

2) My MODL code would be: Computer Professionals but only in the attached specializations <http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/modl.htm>: 2231

And I can claim specialization for following:

Internet, Networking/LAN/WAN
Java (security and electronic commerce)

Thanks for your help in clarifying the issue. Have a good day.
Old Feb 28th 2003, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mehtasa,

I too am an Oracle Financials 11i/Oracle DBA and I have been through the whole process at the ACS. I can't for the life of me remember what I applied as though !! Keep bugging me and I'll let you know.