Need some help

Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

angier1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some help

Hi everyone, I need a few questions answered, you have probably heard them all before, so sorry if I'm a bit boring!

1. Are there any electricians out there - can I bring my electrical products and just put an ozzy plug on them!!!???

2. Mortgages - how is the borrowing power worked out?

3. What areas in Brisbane - in between the city and beach are considered "nice" areas?

4. And finally, but most importantly, are cigarettes more expensive??!!!

Thanks, I am looking forward to your replies!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Need some help

Originally posted by angier1
Hi everyone, I need a few questions answered, you have probably heard them all before, so sorry if I'm a bit boring!

1. Are there any electricians out there - can I bring my electrical products and just put an ozzy plug on them!!!???

3. What areas in Brisbane - in between the city and beach are considered "nice" areas?

Yes bring your UK appliances and change the plugs.

Dunno about mortgages don't have one.

Never been to Brissie.

Cigs in South Australia - I paid $14.70 for a pack of 50 Holiday 8mg yesterday. Cheap but effective, and I just dropped ash all over my keyboard!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Oh and an afterthought - in SA you cannot smoke in indoor shopping malls, or in any restaurant or cafe, or anywhere food is being served.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Yes you can.
Dunno....sorry
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...sbane+opinions
Treat emmigrating as an opportunity to quit
Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:15 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll just touch the ones that are still in question -

Borrowing power is worked out on a complex (?) set of rules.
Take your monthly gross income & x12 = y
Take same gross (or maybe it was the nett?) monthly income & take off all fixed liabilities ie credit card (whether or not you owe anything on it!) personal loans, debts etc = x
If y = 28K - 55K then repayments cant be more than 30% of x, if y > 55K repayments cant be greater than 40%.

Then you go & work out how much you can borrow on todays interest rate. Easy ..... I think .

If in doubt use one of the calculators at Westpac or ANZ Bank

As for between the city & beach in Brisbane ..... which beach!!?!? We have beach in basically 3 directions, not including the manmade beach at Sothbank, so you might have to be more specific .