Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

need some guidance

need some guidance

Old Apr 6th 2011, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default need some guidance

OH has job offer !!!
need to move in less than month,,
i have quotes for containers, just sold my house 3 days ago, so everything in my in laws ready for a shipment company to have a call...
got cars to sell, things to do , but can't think what !!!!!
have a bank account opened
Heading to hervey bay, i need flights, short term rentals etc....
not sure where to fly into ?
not sure what to do first !!!!!

also any advice on things to ask about job offer ?
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:47 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need some guidance

Originally Posted by rackcatt
OH has job offer !!!
i have quotes for containers, just sold my house 3 days ago, so everything in my in laws ready for a shipment company to have a call...

no advice but CONGRATS
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
no advice but CONGRATS
Thanks xxx
Old Apr 6th 2011, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

OH has job offer !!!

Wishing you good luck with the move maybe try writing lists and start with the most important first?
Congrats on the job offer!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 11:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read of the To Do lists in this thread - might help a bit

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774
Old Apr 6th 2011, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hey Hey,
stop panicing !!!!! Write a list!!!!
When you get to Hervey Bay you will realise how chilled out it is over here. Contact me for any thing... schools, rentals, pubs!!!! We will be waiting for you. Its ages since someone new came over so dont sweat, chill..... Thats what Hevey Bay is all about..... We have a great ex pat group over here and lots of people to help when you arrive.... just ask.

Angela
Old Apr 6th 2011, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you for all your kind words, i have PM you. xx
Old Apr 6th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LINDZI
Wishing you good luck with the move maybe try writing lists and start with the most important first?
Congrats on the job offer!
thanks x
Old Apr 6th 2011, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a read of the To Do lists in this thread - might help a bit

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774
thanks x
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:49 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

OH has job offer !!!

re: flights. If $$$ is not a problem then fly into brisbane international, transfer to brisbane domestic via taxi or the airtrain, and then catch a qantas flight to hervey bay. Not sure what the flights cost, I'd guess somewhere between $160 and $200 per person one way.

If you want to save $$$, then book a hirecar from inside the brisbane international terminal (or you can do it online, in advance). Its a 3hr drive.

Even if you've got the $$$ to fly, I reckon the drive might be slightly more comfortable.

Job offer

Over here, employers have to pay something called "super" along with your wages. Your wages end up in your bank account, after tax is deducted. Your super is basically a pension contribution, you won't see it until you retire.

Quite often, in Australia when people talk about a "$60k package", that means salary + super. You might only actually be getting about $55k as wages ! So an important question to ask, when you are given a job offer, is "does that include super?" if the answer is yes, then find out what your actual salary will be...

Also - find out if there are any other benefits available to you through the job, salary sacrifice benefits, gym memberships, discounted insurance, etc etc... that kind of thing.

good luck...
Old Apr 7th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help, been on internet all day looking at stuff,
going to look at flights now..
thanks