Reload this Page >

Need to sell your house?

Need to sell your house?

Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need to sell your house?

Hi everyone,
I came across an advert in the latest edition of the Waitrose magazine and I thought I'd put the details here in case it's of use to anyone.

I haven't used the company (in rented accomodation at the moment) so I can't vouch for them so I guess it's a case of 'seller beware', but if you desperately need to sell your house then they maybe worth a call:

Direct Property Limited
www.directpropertyltd.co.uk
0800 854354

The ad says they buy houses for cash, quick decision, no agency fees, any condition.

Salli
Old Jun 26th 2004, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

For those that are experiancing difficulty..might well be worth contacting them.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need to sell your house?

Thanks for this - may be worth a shot just to see if all the agro of selling through an agent is worth it. Nothing to lose by getting them in either.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Hope you manage to work something out soon, and like you say, there's nothing to lose by talking to them.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 5:03 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Salli,

Have made contact with direct property. Will let you know if it sounds dodgy or not.
Sarah
Old Jun 27th 2004, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

I found another on in the mail on sunday newspaper.

http://www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk

will probably get both in and compare the results.

Originally posted by teach
Hi Salli,

Have made contact with direct property. Will let you know if it sounds dodgy or not.
Sarah
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by gordys
I found another on in the mail on sunday newspaper.

http://www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk

will probably get both in and compare the results.

Cheers for that gordys, have provided details. We shall see eh! Have had 3 valuations already so know what house is worth, curious really to see how much they knock it down by. I shall let you know.
Sarah
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:41 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Just called DIRECT PROPERTY......Id only use if I were VERY desperate. Say out house would sell on the open market for £240k, they would buy it for cash off us for £200. IE they only offer you 82%!!!

Lucy
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Just had info through today. Would never use them either. Example given; House Valued @ 86k, solicitor £300 ish, we give you 71k cash. I don't think so, I'd rather wait for a buyer and then take a cut.

Sarah
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Found 3 companies so far and they all take in the region of 15-20%. Ouch!!!!

Suppose if you're really really desperate and need to move fast....

Originally posted by teach
Just had info through today. Would never use them either. Example given; House Valued @ 86k, solicitor £300 ish, we give you 71k cash. I don't think so, I'd rather wait for a buyer and then take a cut.

Sarah
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,
I did wonder whether they would take a lot of money just for offering convenience. I hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up too much by placing the post....I just thought it might be worth a shot if anyone needed to sell very quickly.

Salli
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Every avenue's worth looking into - at least we all know what quick sell options are out there now. I'm investigating Auctioning now

Originally posted by Salli
Hi everyone,
I did wonder whether they would take a lot of money just for offering convenience. I hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up too much by placing the post....I just thought it might be worth a shot if anyone needed to sell very quickly.

Salli
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 9:17 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Re: Need to sell your house?

Well, we tried a company called AQuickSale, and spoke to the gentleman over the phone. As always, selling your house trade you will expect to lose some money. Our home is in need of modernising, so were not really expecting too much anyway. He looked round the property and gave us a fair price, still not as much as we would have liked, but it was a realistic figure.

Web Address: A Quick Sale

hope that helps

Andy