Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a rental place North east or south adelaide

Need a rental place North east or south adelaide

Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

angemange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a rental place North east or south adelaide

Hiya Myself and my family are due to fly out to Oz and will be arriving Midday on 1st December. i have gotten myself some voluntary work at Klemzig school in north east adelaide but i would have preffered to live more south. I am looking for a rental property of 2 to 3 bedrooms. My funiture will not be arriving for around 6 weeks after we arrive so we are looking for a fully furnished for a couple of months with everything in. Then when our furniture arrives, an unfunished appartment/house. We could go for a totally unfunished if we had to as we have friends in Morphett Vale who could borrow us everything we need for a few weeks. Any suggestions?
Cheers Ange
Old Oct 16th 2008, 2:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a rental place North east or south adelaide

If you're living in Morphett Vale you really don't want to have to drive all the way to Klemzig for work. It would take a good hour each way. There are some really nice areas around Klemzig. We lived on Reece Avenue in Klemzig before moving over to Perth 18 months ago. I know it's full of bogans, but we really loved living there. It's close to the city, on a great transport line (O Bahn bus line), friendly and has lots of shops nearby. The only downfall was that it's on the main flight path for ADL, so there are very low flying planes about every 5 minutes during peak times, starting at 6:05am with the Malaysia flight (it's a Boeing 777, so very loud at that time of day). Our house was at just about the point where the landing gear came down, so the planes were sometimes very loud.

In my opinion you would be better off looking at places either north of the city or east, rather than south. Or, a job south of the city.