Reload this Page >

Need recommendation for business migration agent

Need recommendation for business migration agent

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

ozbosses is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need recommendation for business migration agent

Hi
Has anybody used a good Business Migration agent, if so could you please give me some names it will be greatly appreciated.
We currently run our own retail business here in the UK but we are hoping to uproot and find somewhere to live in Australia and start again.
I would try for the visa myself but I am not sure which road to take and it could get a little complicated
Thanks again
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:07 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need recommendation for business migration agent

I dont know about actual recommendations for an Agent, but all agents are qualified to process the application.

The visa you will probably apply for will be the 163 (if the main applicant is still under 45). There was a very long thread in the migration forum about the application process from plenty of posters either going throught the application, or have already been throught the application.

I think if you do a post looking for 163 quesries, you can get plenty of info.

Worth thinking about, is a PR visa (a 163 is only Temp to start with) Try looking to see if you have the qualifications to apply for permanant residency straight away. It will save time and money in the long run.

Cant really help much more, because I stopped my application in the early stages, and applied for a sponsored visa instead. As for migration agent, DONT use the migration bureau.

Good luck

Paul
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:58 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozbosses
Hi
Has anybody used a good Business Migration agent, if so could you please give me some names it will be greatly appreciated.
We currently run our own retail business here in the UK but we are hoping to uproot and find somewhere to live in Australia and start again.
I would try for the visa myself but I am not sure which road to take and it could get a little complicated
Thanks again
I used George Lombard for our 164 which he managed to get through in about 10 weeks...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:01 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Happy to help. I'm also a CA, which means I should be able to understand the nuances of a set of accounts ... ... and advise on tax planning when you migrate to Australia ...

Best regards.

Hi
Thanks again
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:40 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Thanks again
I would recommend Alan - see he has already put his hat in the ring.

What part of Oz are you moving to? what sort of business are you looking to set up?
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

ozbosses is an unknown quantity at this point

We are currently have our own business in retail in the UK but we will be willing to try anything.
I have some family in Victoria [Gippsland Area], but I think it will be too remote for us.
We are still looking at the Melbourne area, but Adelaide and Perth seem Ok too. To be honest we have'nt a clue where to go so we are researching constantly.
All we know is AUSTRALIA HERE WE COME.

Cheers
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:29 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently have our own business in retail in the UK but we will be willing to try anything.
I have some family in Victoria [Gippsland Area], but I think it will be too remote for us.
We are still looking at the Melbourne area, but Adelaide and Perth seem Ok too. To be honest we have'nt a clue where to go so we are researching constantly.
All we know is AUSTRALIA HERE WE COME.

Cheers
Having family nearby (ie same state) would make life initially easier (more reassuring). You might try reviewing the current big shopping malls for the range and variety of stores. I know Westfields like most malls are pigs to deal with.

Perhaps of interest to you would be the webbusiness here in UK is in a very infantile stage. Lots of potential with less capital outlay than traditional stores.