Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need a new vacum , any recommendations

Need a new vacum , any recommendations

Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:05 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a new vacum , any recommendations

Originally Posted by itxrd
Had Miele and Dyson. Dyson lost suction. Miele is awesome. German made vs British
The meile has a bag
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zambia
The meile has a bag
Its Miele. And Vacuum ;-)
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:27 am

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Well the cheapest price I have found quoted is below $735 + $10 for P&P

http://www.powerbuys.com.au/dyson-dc...utm_medium=cpc

Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Well the cheapest price I have found quoted is below $735 + $10 for P&P

http://www.powerbuys.com.au/dyson-dc...utm_medium=cpc

http://www.powerbuys.com.au/media/ca...25achpplpl.png
That seems like an absolute bargain.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

I owned a Dyson and recently replaced it with a Miele 5211. I wasn't happy with the Dyson, the suction was poor with me having to chase the bits around to suction them up and the plastic parts fell off, which made me feel cranky as it wasn't cheap. I had to use duct tape to make sure they stayed in place. It was 6 years old.

The bagless system annoyed me as I would carry the container to the bin and some of the dust would drift out and fly around in my face if it was a windy day. Also it was hard to connect the container back to the main vacuum, very fiddly! We had a barrel model a DC08 I think. I've noticed that most happy customers of Dysons seem to have the upright model. I also have 100% hardwood floors if that is relevant.

Anyway so far I've been happy with the Miele - it only cost me $314 from Powerbuys and the suction is to die for. I've only had it for a few weeks so I'd have to see longer term. I like that the bag is completely sealed as well.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Eloisa will become famous soon enough

Miele Cat and Dog, powerful, well made vacuum that copes with pet hairs brilliantly.
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly the same thing I found. Bagless just means the crap goes everywhere when emptying it. Its not going to find the bin by itself.

Dysons are for if you want to look like you have a wicked vacuum and tell everyone you have one.

Miele's are for if you know what you're doing and want to make vacuuming easier.

Like going for an Alfa Romeo or a BMW if you will ha ha
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:49 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Agree,

But I don't think you need the top of the range one, we got the cheapest Dyson for about $350 and it works really well.

Not sure what extras you get for the $700 models.

Originally Posted by squeezzii
dyson for me every time!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 9:55 am

Well I actually ordered the Dyson above of that website.

I cant stand bags merely because I dont have the discipline to keep buying them. Then I get left with a expensive vacum and no bag.

The Miele did look like a serious piece of kit in the shop, but the upright ball swivel really sold me.

Now I am left feeling very old as I am quite excited at the delivery of a Vacum .....Jesus I need a drink
Old Oct 1st 2010, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 11th 2010, 6:36 am

Right the Vacum arrived today so I thought I would let you all know how it went.

Prior to its arrival I stopped using the old one, it was dead to me.

The one I brought was the picture above. From the site above it was out of stock but was delivered with a week delay.

Assembly was really good 3 steps.

I love the motorised head , it really went to work on the carpet and the result was fantastic. It removed two barrels from one room alone. I am very happy with its hair removal abilitys.

Leia is right on the dumping of the barrel the dust goes everywhere. Best to have a near empty outside bin you can lower the thing into then release it. So far I have made this trip several times, the amount of fluff & crap its picking up is astonishing.

I love the stairs attachment on the back there is a little motorised head for the stairs. Excellent stuff.

The ball is great as well it is so manuverable , it really is easy to turn and get around stuff.

I cant thank you guys enough for helping us on its choice. Its not without its flaws but my god the improvement over a bog standard vacum is mind blowing.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:59 am

Right the Vacum arrived today so I thought I would let you all know how it went.
:
The same Vacum is now on offer for 429 and 10 P&

On the plus side this TV is now 300 Bucks

Any one see any major flaws in this deal?

http://www.powerbuys.com.au/palsonic...vd-player.html

48inch led lcd TV for 300 Bucks.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 7:51 am
Just Joined

aussiebell is an unknown quantity at this point

100% Dyson - they did have a cash back deal if you take in an old vacum - check out the websites or comparison sites.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itxrd
Exactly the same thing I found. Bagless just means the crap goes everywhere when emptying it. Its not going to find the bin by itself.

Dysons are for if you want to look like you have a wicked vacuum and tell everyone you have one.

Miele's are for if you know what you're doing and want to make vacuuming easier.

Like going for an Alfa Romeo or a BMW if you will ha ha
I have a Dyson key-ring, all the laydeeez make straight for it at swingers parties. Turboheadtastic