Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need new mates in the Gold Coast??

Need new mates in the Gold Coast??

Old Aug 14th 2004, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

dingdong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need new mates in the Gold Coast??

We go to Gold Coast in January, Me, Hubby and 2 young boys and we're so going to miss our mates. Without sounding really sad and depressive considering we're going to the most beautiful country in the world I'm still really wondering how I'm going to meet new people with the same sense of humour and lust for a good bottle of wine, all of this with the kids in tow ofcourse as now we will NEVER EVER have babysitters.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

pluma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need new mates in the Gold Coast??

We're off to the Goldcoast on thursday, after 2yrs planning / waiting for visa's , there's me ......the wife and the 3 kids.
I think we've got a sense of humour and it has been known for us to drink the odd bottle of wine.....

all the best plum

PS Not into wife swapping , one woman's quite enough ...thankyou
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

hello dear ding dong!

i'll be your bezzie mate in brisbane, if we ever get there!!!!

love honeybob xx

so much for an 8 pm start!!!!

have you got your beer goggles on yet?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Hey Honey, me pal.

Beer goggles, not on your life, Ollie turned into the child from hell and had to leave before I flipped, had 1 glass of bubbly - thats just worse than having none at all, anyway both in bed now so tabs and wine in abundance!

Hows Ee-or? was reading about your worries about Con and it just occured to me that its not the kids you have to worry about, its your husband who seems to thinks he's Kevin Bacon, get him to have a chat with his theripist (I know I've spelt that wrong)before you jcome out and join us, although if anythings going to cheer me up out there thats definately something I want on a regular basis.
Love yous
dingdong.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:54 pm
togooff&things

We're heading to Tamborine , which is close. We're defo up for vino and have 2 boys 3 & 6 years. We're into film indusrty and sense of humour ....well that's an aquired taste..but I love Nip Tuck, Red Dwarf and Family Guy, Ad Fab ect...oh yes... and Colin Farrelll...definatly Colin Farrell!

Last edited by togooff&things; Aug 14th 2004 at 8:56 pm.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

hi ding!

take kevin he's yours!

anyway it's not the footloose mania that overcomes him every so often we should really be worrying about love!!!!

you wanna hear his bee gees impersonation ding, not for those with a weak pelvic floor!!!! or anyone wanting sensible company....

if all else fails, we could at least hire him out for parties, bar mitzvah's, and the like!!!

go on love do a new thread, ask about the spiders!!!! :scared:

love yous more!!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Hey Plum,

Congrats, which part are you heading to? have you relatives out there? its only took us 9 month, we have all our flights/accomodation booked but the house still isnt on the market havent had quotes for containers, handed in notice, you know, just the trivial little things! things are just going to creep up and bite me on the arse so really need to get moving. Is your wife going to work or look after the family, how old are the kids??
Questions, questions?????

p.s wife swapping?!?!? the only thing my husband would be swapping me for is a new jag or more importantly a night of unbroken sleep. Not my bag mate so no worries there!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pluma
We're off to the Goldcoast on thursday, after 2yrs planning / waiting for visa's , there's me ......the wife and the 3 kids.
I think we've got a sense of humour and it has been known for us to drink the odd bottle of wine.....

all the best plum

PS Not into wife swapping , one woman's quite enough ...thankyou
Hi there,

We're flying in 12 days, me hubby and 3 kids ages 8, 7 and 5! PM me when your there, we'll either have a good laugh or be totally homesick and depressed together!!! Good luck Annie
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

To all up and coming Gold Coast newcomers, welcome one and all!

I need to get down and try out the British Arms sometime, and just need the excuse....
Old Aug 14th 2004, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hey babe, what's the british arms, and most importantly where is it?????

i'll pass the info onto ding dong, she's obviously signed off, or she would have been on you in a flash!!! the amount of beauty sleep she gets, she should technically look about five!!!!!

cheers mate!!!

honeybob!!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Trevglas
To all up and coming Gold Coast newcomers, welcome one and all!

I need to get down and try out the British Arms sometime, and just need the excuse....
I remember that pub, I think. Isn't the new Palace Versace Hotel right next to it ?
http://www.britisharms.com.au/

Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Hi there,
My boys are 2 & 5. We visited Tambourine Mountins when we were there in March and I LOVED it, its such a peaceful place, am looking forward to taking my mum there when we go back in Jan - she will definately appreciate it. Are you going to work out there?

Sorry have to make a quick exit - my two year old is wanting breakfast - cant beleive I am on this thing at 8 o'clock in the morning - How addictive???

Speak soon.
Dingdong.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:00 am
Just Joined

pluma is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ding ,

I remember those nights of broken sleep , well maybe the wife does more than me........long time ago now !
Our kids are 13,15,18.....been told they don't leave home now till they're 40...hope it's not true.
The wife's got used too being a lady of leisure ( got me well trained ) so it's down to my plumbing skills i'm afraid...
We've booked a short term rental on Broad waters , surfers , using that as a base to look for something more permanent. We want to have a good look round the area's before we comit to anything long term.
We have no rellies out there , so on our own, hopeing to meet some friendly expats out there , same as you.

all the best plum
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by honeybob
hey babe, what's the british arms, and most importantly where is it?????

i'll pass the info onto ding dong, she's obviously signed off, or she would have been on you in a flash!!! the amount of beauty sleep she gets, she should technically look about five!!!!!

cheers mate!!!

honeybob!!!
its a british themed pub down in Surfers. next door is the British Arms Backpackers resort. Not checked it out yet, but this webpage may be of help to the thirsty masses

http://www.goldcoastaustralia.com/106037.php

mmm must also check out the Goldcoast Brewpub!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:38 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

The British Arms is near sea world, found it by accident,its pretty crap, RJ,s in Robina is ment to be the place to meet lots of British builders, I keep meeting british plumbers, not much central heating work here. If yo want to meet up for a drink pluma when you get here give us a PM.As the weather is starting to get a bit warmer we will be putting on the Bar-b-q, if you want you are more than welcome round to varsity,mind you i would give the Gold Coast a miss in Jan as the wifes sister and new husband will be out here, and where they go so does trouble
Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.