Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Need to move money, who will i use?

Need to move money, who will i use?

Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Need to move money, who will i use?

Need to transfer funds to Oz, got account with westpac, anyone recommend a company to transfer, is the rate good or bad today?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need to move money, who will i use?

lol
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:45 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to transfer funds directly from your UK bank to Westpac account - most internet banking has this facility. We do it all the time, in both directions. ( maybe I misunderstood the question, sorry if I did )
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:52 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend not using your bank as the rate is likely to be poor.

If it is a large amount use OzForex.

If it is a smaller amount use www.tranzfers.com - same company - only 7 quid per transaction.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I thought you were joking when you asked if the rate was bad 'today'?.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tking

If it is a smaller amount use www.tranzfers.com - same company - only 7 quid per transaction.
Was going to use a company like Hifx or Tofx etc.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Sorry, I thought you were joking when you asked if the rate was bad 'today'?.
No , i was looking yesterday and it was 1.58, today was getting 1.62.. not sure if we should wait
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok sorry,

I have used tranzfers in the past which seem good for small - medium amounts.

As for the rate, if you have to do it now then around 1.6 is what you should get.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Ok sorry,

I have used tranzfers in the past which seem good for small - medium amounts.

As for the rate, if you have to do it now then around 1.6 is what you should get.
Ok cheers will have a look in next few days...x
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've used Ozforex a few times, they are very good.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:33 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tking

This is who we use to shift money around, wouldn't ever consider using a bank.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

I would not use the banks. I work in one and the staff rates can't even compare with the likes of ozforex never mind the public rates. They also have higher fees.

I always transfer £3k or more at a time and it is free through ozforex (think it is about £7 if doing less) and only takes about 3 days to arrive in my account.

Also a little tip, I have found the best rates are to be had if you book them around 11pm Perth time. You can keep watching to check the updates.

Transferred some last night and got 1.6045 and this morning it had dropped to just under 1.59. On the amount I was transferring it worked out to be about $50 difference
Old Mar 16th 2011, 5:37 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely use OzForex or Tranzfers (Same company.)
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:51 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Tranzfers.com is for small amounts Oxforex for large amounts. We used them both heaps of times never had a problem and rates were good (well as good as you can expect these days)
Old Mar 19th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

My bank (Lloyds TSB) has a limit of £10K per transaction via Ozforex (found this the hard way when shifting £22K and had to transfer money to Ozforex in a number of tranches. Anything more than that and I have to be in the branch (!) or send them written instruction. Even if you ring up to inform them that you need to transfer money, it goes straight to fraud and takes ages on the phone sorting out before it's authorised.

Anyone had experience of using Ozforex for large transactions when based in Australia (e.g to move money from a house sale from UK to Australia), and if so, how did you do it?

If I send written instruction then I'd be gambling with the exchange rate. Lloyds TSB has advised me to transfer money to my bank here using the in house banking process but that would no doubt mean I'd be ripped off with poorer rates and charges.... I'm tempted to do this as they make it so hard for me so any advice welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.